Re: dtifit error - all white fa map

Josh Robinson <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Oct 2018 15:47:41 +0100

text/plain

Hi Fidel & Saad,

Thank you both for the help! Yes, there are two b0s total, both of which are in the concatenated data as the 31st and 62nd volume (they were acquired last for each run), and this is accurately reflected in the bvals and bvecs. Per Fidel's advice, I rewrote both files to use only tabs and again to use only spaces, but still the same problem either way, and both files also had accurate dimensions (3x62 & 1x62). Visually inspecting the data, it looks as expected, with the b0s in the correct place and contrast from volume to volume.

At this point I am thinking it must be an issue with the bvals/bvecs. Could this be an error in initially generating these files? I used dcm2niix, but I have found that using that to convert par/rec files can sometimes be problematic. I then used the linux function to paste those values into one file

paste file1.bvec file2.bvec --delimiters="" | tr -d '\r' > concatenated.bvec

Alternatively, would it perhaps be better to run the two runs I have through eddy separately and concatenate them & align them to each other later? It would be ideal to concatenate them first, but it is looking more and more like this may not be a feasible approach...

Your assistance is much appreciated!

Josh