John Swire & Sons (H.K.) Ltd.
The Swire group is a multi-national, multi-disciplined commercial group, with its principal areas of operations in the Asia Pacific region, and centred on the Greater China area. We pride ourselves on being original and forward-looking, setting standards for operational excellence wherever we do business – qualities that have guided our operations for 200 years.
John Swire & Sons (H.K.) Ltd. is the holding company of the publicly-listed conglomerate, Swire Pacific Ltd. Our HK Archive Service (Swire Archive), which provides archives service to Swire group companies in Hong Kong, Mainland China, Taiwan and Singapore, invites applications for the following position:
Archivist (REF: 18-49/XXX)
A dynamic archivist or heritage management professional to identify, preserve, and promote Swire’s archive collections and heritage.
• Execute our archives collecting and acquisitions policy by working independently with our businesses and external donors.
• Effectively communicate and promote the value of Swire’s archives and our heritage through presentations, storytelling, and exhibitions to internal and external audiences.
• Catalogue and describe archives in line with professional and in-house cataloguing standards.
• Enhance use and access of archives, by answering enquiries, conducting research, and interpreting archives.
• Support the preservation and conservation management programme for the archive collections.
• Support ongoing implementation of departments policies and procedures, and professional standards in management of archive collections.
• Bachelor’s degree or above with major in history, information studies, museum studies, or related discipline.
• Post-graduate qualification in archives / records management, or related discipline preferred.
• 2 years of working experience in archives, records management or related heritage management field. Otherwise, at least 5 years of working experience in business management environment involving records administration or research.
• Good presentation skills, with ability to creatively interpret and communicate heritage.
• Cantonese speaker with excellent command of oral and written English.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and applications.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with people.
• Good analytical ability, systematic and detail oriented.
• Good command in description of records and summary of information.
We offer a competitive (local terms)package to the right candidate. Qualified and interested parties requiring further details should contact:
Head of Group Archives
John Swire & Sons Ltd
[log in to unmask]
Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]
For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at