AHFAP Archives

AHFAP@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Monospaced Font

AHFAP Home

AHFAP  October 2018

AHFAP October 2018

Re: Cheap / borrowable copystand and lights?

Matthew Ward <[log in to unmask]>

AHFAP, for image professionals in the UK cultural heritage sector" <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 13 Oct 2018 14:30:26 +0100

Hi
I have a copy stand and flash lights you could borrow in the short term.
Its an IFF Repro stand with a column about a metre long with Kaiser
lighting arms. (Although I normally use stands)
It is slightly agricultural in design and has had a productive life but
works well enough.
I also have a Bowens Illumitran (somewhere).

Contact me off list if you are interested.

Best
Matthew

On 08/10/2018 12:06, Sarah Mercer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently undertaking a voluntary collections project for the
> William Morris Gallery in Walthamstow. As part of my work I have offered
> to advise on and hopefully set up a photographic workflow for their
> collections management, initially just for works on paper ranging from
> designs for stained glass, wallpapers and tapestries, to fine art prints
> and studies by Morris and his circle. The gallery has a very small
> budget (being council run) but already has a few Canon 1200ds, another
> volunteer has offered to lend a 5d mk iii and I am looking into
> borrowing a 100mm prime lens.
>
> What I'd initially love to source for them is a copystand set up and
> lights, however purchasing these items new is far out of the reach of
> their budget. Does anyone know somewhere I can either source these items
> second hand for £200-£300, or somewhere I could potentially borrow these
> items from for short periods of time?
>
> I am open to any suggestions - bearing in mind the gallery is unlikely
> to achieve best practice at this stage, it would be great to hear any
> compromise solutions other than the above.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Sarah
>
> Sarah Mercer
>
> Special Collections Project Officer
>
> Library
> Royal College of Art
> Kensington Gore, London
> SW7 2EU
> E: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> T: +44 (0)20 7590 4120
> www.rca.ac.uk <https://www.rca.ac.uk>
> twitter.com/rca <https://twitter.com/rca>
> facebook.com/rca.london <https://facebook.com/rca.london>
>
> logo
>

> Please note, my normal working days are Monday - Wednesday.

Matthew Ward

www.matthewwardphotography.com
www.imagebasedlighting.co.uk

07850 611778