CCPEM  March 2018

CCPEM March 2018

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Extracting particles which are close together

Sjors Scheres <[log in to unmask]>

Sjors Scheres <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 20 Mar 2018 18:57:32 -0000

text/plain

Hi Cristina,

In the next version of relion, padding will be switched off by default in
3D refinements and classifications. (It will become an option on the GUI.)
Non-padded reconstructions will also need larger boxes than the particle
'almost touching the box' to prevent artifacts folding back into the
corners.

I think when reviewing the quality of the map should be the key. There are
perhaps always things that could have potentially been done better, but
good enough is good enough. Sometimes figures are not the best to assess
map quality, and submitting the map for review too can help. But that's a
completely different discussion
that has surfaced in the past. :-)

HTH,
Sjors