Looking forward to response to any of these questions:
New Media in Public Art
1. How do you define new media art in the context of public art (as broad or narrow a definition as you think is appropriate)? What behaviors make a public art work “new media”?
New Media and Public Art Value
1. What if any value does new media contribute to public art?
2. Given your definitions of public art, who are the audiences for new media public art? Why? How do you explain/engage publics for new media public art?
3. If you consider online work to be “public art”, how are audiences developed?
Curatorial Process – New Media Public Art Process
1. How do you choose new media public art works? Do you commission? Remount?
2. What are the conditions (site, policy, partnerships, etc.) that make a new media public art work successful?
3. What makes a new media public art work fail?
4. Can new media public art works be archived?
5. Can new media public art works be effectively remounted or shared? Should they be?
6. How do you fund new media public art works?
1. What are emerging trends in new media public art? (e.g. BioArt)
2. What is needed to better integrate new media into public art practice?
DR. SARA DIAMOND
PRESIDENT & VICE-CHANCELLOR,
O. OF ONT., RCA
T 416 977 6000 x300
E [log in to unmask]
100 McCaul Street, Toronto, Canada, M5T 1W1
OUR MANDATE IS NOT SIMPLY TO IMAGINE THE FUTURE,
BUT TO HELP CREATE IT.