Re: New SciM website

Bilkis Mosoddik <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 6 Oct 2017 10:06:17 +0000

text/plain

Hi John,

Congratulations on your new sites! Having done this last year, I am well aware of the pitfalls and the sheer amount of hard work it takes for any changes to be agreed, visualised and made live. I looked at your site yesterday with a bit of envy that you managed to go live with a much more minimal navigation than we did (we spent nearly 6 months doing user research and coming up with a new navigation only to go backtrack because of internal pressure).

Everything you outlined below also applied to us, and a year and a half later, we are still working through some stuff (I make allowances for myself that I was on maternity leave for much of that time!).

What I am interested to find out from you is how much user involvement you had and did you have a website committee or an equivalent?

Thanks.

Bilkis

Bilkis Mosoddik

Web Manager

Museum of London

150 London Wall

London EC2Y 5HN

Tel: 0207 814 5709

Email: [log in to unmask]

www.museumoflondon.org.uk

P Before printing, pleasethink about the environment