Dear GEM Members
The Emirates Aviation Experience are currently looking for a full time Education Officer to run and manager their education department.
If you are interested in the position, please see below for more details:
Job Title: Education Officer
Position: Full Time (40 hrs)
Job Grade/Scale: £24,000 per annum
The Education Officer is responsible for the development, implementation and the delivery of educational programmes such as school programmes and workshops, guided tours, family activities and other educational programmes and initiatives at the Aviation Experience. He/she works closely with the visitor services team to ensure the smooth delivery of high quality and dynamic programmes of learning and participation.
• Facilitate and guide visitors’ learning,
• Liaise with schools at all KS levels organising visits and delivering on-site educational sessions,
• Liaise with other stake holders such as Emirates Air Line (cable car) and develop joint activities and programmes,
• Develop new workshop activities and content for special school programmes,
• Provide support and advice for Special Educational Needs groups visiting the Aviation Experience to ensure that their visit is enjoyable, welcoming and of educational benefit,
• Deliver workshops, and special programmes to a wide range of schools and other groups,
• Coordinate and run holiday activities for children and families,
• Provide resources for teachers including lectures and guided tours,
• Organise and deliver practical demonstrations and other related activities
• Ensure attendance figures for educational activities, events and additional learning programmes are recorded and reported to the Aviation Experience manager.
Education & Experience:
The ideal candidate has previous experience in working with schools and special needs groups and delivering learning related programmes to a diverse audience in a visitor attraction setting.
• At least 2 years of experience in developing and delivering educational activities for the museums, heritage and/or visitor attractions sector,
• Bachelors Degree in Education or related field preferable though not essential.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent communication and presentation skills,
• An ability to communicate complex information in an accessible and engaging manner,
• Evidence of ability to work with a broad range of different audiences, especially children and including Special Educational Needs groups,
• Good understanding of how people learn and ability to support learning throughout the Aviation Experience,
• Ability to present and deliver learning activities in a range of different styles and methods,
• Good working knowledge of the National Curriculum and current government learning initiatives,
• Excellent teaching skills and the ability to communicate to a wide variety of the general public across the age ranges,
• Ability to act on own initiative and work as part of a team.
• Calm and helpful attitude,
• Comfortable using child-friendly language,
• Willing to incorporate games in presentations wherever appropriate,
• An enthusiasm for science and aviation,
• A commitment to the educational role of the Aviation Experience,
• Ability to interact with different visitor groups and levels of knowledge,
• Self motivated – with a readiness and drive to improve knowledge and skills,
• Self aware – can accept and act on feedback from managers and learn from experienced colleagues as well as visitors feedback,
• Conscientious and punctual collaborative work style.
The Education Officer works closely with the visitor services staff to ensure the effective and safe delivery of all educational programmes.
Summary of Main Terms and Conditions:
Hours of work: 40 per week including a 1 hour lunch break, usually Monday to Friday; some flexible working hours with weekends and after hour duties expected but entitled to time-off-in-lieu.
Please email your CV and cover letter to [log in to unmask]
or post your CV and cover letter to:
6 Mite Passage
Miss Jerry Cummings M.A.
Emirates Aviation Experience
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]
For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=GEM
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +