JiscMail Logo
Email discussion lists for the UK Education and Research communities

Help for NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Archives


NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Archives

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Archives


NEW-MEDIA-CURATING@JISCMAIL.AC.UK


View:

Message:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

Font:

Proportional Font

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Home

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Home

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING  August 2017

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING August 2017

Options

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Subject:

Re: NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Digest - 23 Aug 2017 to 24 Aug 2017 (#2017-85)

From:

Patrick Lichty <[log in to unmask]>

Reply-To:

Patrick Lichty <[log in to unmask]>

Date:

Thu, 31 Aug 2017 12:09:23 +0400

Content-Type:

text/plain

Parts/Attachments:

Parts/Attachments

text/plain (495 lines)

I think a discussion would be amazing.
As someone who has been doing VR for decades (about two to be exact) and written about fifteen or twenty formal and informal texts on the matter, I totally agree with the notion of having a discussion, but in my opinion with the goal of outside publication.

A lot of this depends on audience.

for example, in working with Cao Fei on RMB City for my piece, "Dream Umbrellas" in Second Life (I ask that we talk about immersive 3D spaces as a historical context for VR, including CAVEs etc). She didn't get why people were not thronging to her when the site was at the Serpentine, and she was honestly shocked when I told her that the majority of Second Lifers did not know or care what the Serpentine Gallery or yokohama triennial, or, or or, was.

I agree that the notion of high-capital slick production in an upscale artworld setting is a bit of a red herring, as I feel all they are really selling is provenance, as the platforms with degrade or become anachronistic rather quickly. For example, in my chapter in the AR art Book that I'm revising, half of the work si now anachronistic after four years. So instead of doing a total rewrite, I'm starting to reframe this as history.

The idea of whether the critical or experimental work is being seen or not is a matter of audience, engagement, history, and dissemination. There are plenty of works that are extremely we.ll known in VR, others that have been getting international awards, Sundance has gotten behind the "idea' of VR (unfortunately largely as 360 degree video. So that asks what the formal qualities of VR are? Desk scale, room scale, modified mobile headset (Nomo), or the popular conception of 360 degree video (which can have interaction).

There is a huge dgree of engagement with these tropes as art in many places, but is Keilani asking whether there is recognition for the forms at the MoMA, Tate, etc? Tina Sauerlander and Alfredo Salazar Ccaro are doing great work in spearheading these things, and there are galleries like Priska, DAM, Transfer and Dust (which has been doing only VR & AR for 2-3 years now), and Keilani's passion for the genre is a given here.

I think that the "High End" VR announcements should be acknowledged, but taken for what they are - upper end artists brazenly hopping on a trope, and should be considered as such.  I applaud Laturbo Avedon for asking for corrections in the article on the "gallery" put forth by Abramovic, Koons and Eliasson. 

I am chair of a VR as intervention panel at College Art Association this February, and I wish I would have had a couple more edgy proposals. I was asked to do an anthology from the proposals, but maybe this is the opportunity for this discussion, and as a critical reader on VR and art to follow the Oxford Handbook of Virtuality.

-----Original Message-----
From: Curating digital art - www.crumbweb.org [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of NEW-MEDIA-CURATING automatic digest system
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2017 3:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: NEW-MEDIAotion of having a discussion.-CURATING Digest - 23 Aug 2017 to 24 Aug 2017 (#2017-85)

There are 4 messages totaling 573 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. the return of VR (4)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 24 Aug 2017 05:43:36 +0000
From:    Pauline de Souza <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: the return of VR

Dear All,

Work is being done in this area but it is not done just by artists. It is done be people who have strong interest in this area. People who are interested in the production etc are working with teams which does include artists. Some material is published but is not open publication. Some publications are in computer journals which are not often read by directors, curators and artists'.

Hope this helps.

Pauline.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Kelani Nichole<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Sent: ‎23/‎08/‎2017 18:31
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [NEW-MEDIA-CURATING] the return of VR

Thank you for bringing up this critical issue.

The jargon and misconceptions around simulation technology in the artworld is embarrassing. None of these mainstream artists, exhibitions and their reviews are addressing the formal qualities of virtual reality.

The implications of 'production' and 'distribution' on a studio practice are not even being acknowledged by efforts like this.

Why is 'high-quality' the standard? And where is the historical context for these works? Genuine critical interrogation of the medium has been happening for decades, but rarely seen.

Much needed work to be done in this space!


Best,
Kelani Nichole

Owner/Director, TRANSFER
http://transfer.gallery

*June 8th – August 20th at Haus der elektronischen Künste Basel* 'Unreal. The Algorithmic Present <http://www.hek.ch/programm/events/event/testing-real.html>' featuring the TRANSFER Download

*September 9th – October 14th at TRANSFER* 'Behind White Shadows <http://transfergallery.com/behind-white-shadows-rosa-menkman/>' a solo exhibition from Rosa Menkman *This exhibition is supported by the TRANSFER VR Commission
<http://transfergallery.com/vr/>*


On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Christiane Paul, Curatorial < [log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I couldn't agree more. I keep reminding people of  Virtual Reality: An 
> Emerging Medium (https://kimpattersonvirtualre
> ality2014.wordpress.com/2014/10/16/virtual-reality-an-
> emerging-medium-1993/) at the Guggenheim in 1993.
>
> [https://kimpattersonvirtualreality2014.files.wordpress.com/
> 2014/10/413_1r110402_003_sep2.jpg?w=1200]<https://kimpatters
> onvirtualreality2014.wordpress.com/2014/10/16/virtu
> al-reality-an-emerging-medium-1993/>
>
> Virtual Reality: An Emerging Medium (1993) | Virtual Reality in Art< 
> https://kimpattersonvirtualreality2014.wordpress.com/
> 2014/10/16/virtual-reality-an-emerging-medium-1993/>
> kimpattersonvirtualreality2014.wordpress.com
> Intel Digital Education & Arts Program brought Virtual Reality to the 
> public in the Guggenheim Art Museum. The curators were unsure of the 
> response the exhibition would get, but it sold out eve…
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Curating digital art - www.crumbweb.org<http://www.crumbweb.org> 
> < [log in to unmask]> on behalf of Andreas Broeckmann < 
> [log in to unmask]>
> Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 6:47:12 AM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: the return of VR
>
> friends, do you remember the discussions about the diffusion of "New 
> Media Art" into the mainstream, almost a decade ago, and the 
> entanglements of "Post-Internet Art"?
>
> personally i thought that formulations like "some of the highest 
> quality Virtual Reality artworks currently available in the world", 
> "Virtual Reality has made a successful entry onto the global market", 
> "this medium [enables] artists to cross boundaries and expand their 
> field unlike ever before", or "the medium, thus, literally, opens up 
> an entirely new world for both artists and viewers", - would belong to 
> the past, and maybe this announcement is just a glitch on the surface 
> of the post-digital; but it is strange to find such 1996-style, 
> technically affirmative rhetoric on E-Flux...
>
> greetings,
> -a
>
> -------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht --------
> Betreff:         Faurschou Foundation Beijing presents Virtual Reality Art
> Datum:   Wed, 23 Aug 2017 04:00:06 -0400
> Von:     e-flux <[log in to unmask]>
>
>
> */Virtual Reality Art/*
> Christian Lemmerz, Erik Parker, Paul McCarthy, Tony Oursler, Yu Hong 
> August 27, 2017–February 3, 2018
>
> *Press preview:* August 26, 3–4pm
> *Opening:* August 26, 4–7pm
>
> *Faurschou Foundation Beijing*
> Chaoyang Qu
> 2 Jiuxuanquao Road
> 100015 Beijing
> China
>
> http://www.faurschou.com
>
> Faurschou Foundation is pleased to present some of the highest quality 
> Virtual Reality artworks currently available in the world. The 
> exhibition, /Virtual Reality Art/, will be exhibited in Beijing from 
> August 27, 2017 to February 3, 2018, and will consist of five 
> consecutive “sub-exhibitions” for each participating artist: Christian 
> Lemmerz, Erik Parker, Paul McCarthy, Tony Oursler and Yu Hong.
>
> Virtual Reality has made a successful entry onto the global market at 
> an unusually fast pace. In the art world, this medium is entering a 
> ground-breaking period, enabling artists to cross boundaries and 
> expand their field unlike ever before. It is impossible to do justice 
> to Virtual Reality artworks with a mere description, which is why, in 
> order to understand them, one must experience them first-hand. The 
> medium, thus, literally, opens up an entirely new world for both 
> artists and viewers.
>
> In collaboration with Khora Contemporary, Faurschou Foundation has 
> worked with several internationally renowned contemporary artists to 
> create Virtual Reality art, namely Christian Lemmerz, Erik Parker, 
> Paul McCarthy and Tony Oursler. With this new exhibition, the 
> Foundation will also reveal a new piece by Chinese artist, Yu Hong. 
> Each artwork will be exhibited for a one-month period with 
> complementary sketches, books and artworks for each of the artists and their respective VR pieces.
>
> Faurschou Foundation is glad to continue collaborating with Khora 
> Contemporary after the successful exhibition,/New Media (Virtual 
> Reality)/, in connection to the Venice Biennale 2017. Khora 
> Contemporary was established in 2016 in Copenhagen by five partners 
> with a common passion for art, and a shared vision of Virtual 
> Reality’s significance in the art landscape of the future. Khora 
> Contemporary conducts extensive research on this progressive medium, 
> and specializes in translating the vision of established and emerging 
> artists into the language of VR. This makes Khora Contemporary the 
> first production company to focus on creating contemporary artworks in Virtual Reality.
>
> Christian Lemmerz: August 27–September 29, 2017 (Opening August 26) 
> Erik Parker: October 1–27, 2017 (Opening September 30) Paul McCarthy: 
> October 29–November 24, 2017 (Opening October 28) Tony Oursler: 
> November 26, 2017–January 5, 2018 (Opening November 25) Yu Hong: 
> January 7–February 3, 2018 (Opening January 6)
>
> *Faurschou Foundation?*
> Faurschou Foundation is a privately owned art institution with a 
> collection of contemporary art, and with exhibition venues at 
> Copenhagen North Harbour as well as Beijing’s attractive art neighbourhood 798.
> Faurschou Foundation introduces the visitors to some of the world’s 
> most acclaimed artists. Faurschou Foundation’s collection is 
> constantly developed and expanded.
>
> Over a very short period since its establishment in 2011 Faurschou 
> Foundation has profiled itself as a significant art institution with 
> solo exhibitions of among other artists Cai Guo-Qiang, Louise 
> Bourgeois, Shirin Neshat, Gabriel Orozco, Danh Vo, Bill Viola, Ai 
> Weiwei, Yoko Ono and Peter Doig.
>
> For further information please contact:
> English inquiry: Katrine Winther, [log in to unmask] 
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]> / T +45 33914131 Chinese inquiry: 
> Rebecca Yang, [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> / T 
> +86 13146006899
>

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:29:56 +0930
From:    Simon Biggs <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: the return of VR

There’s loads of work going on around the place in this area - including here at the South Australian School of Art.

I wouldn’t take much notice of the announcement of the show in Beijing. Looking at the blurb for the organisation they have a history of bringing in high profile artists. I suspect their primary intention is to promote their brand by association with the artists they commission. Their interest in VR, AR or interactive environments is probably cursory, responding to what they perceive as a current hot topic in popular culture.

Now - as has been observed, there’s a lot of serious work going on with VR at the moment and much of it isn’t being discussed outside closed groups. Would CRUMB be an appropriate place to have such a discussion? For example, the potential of AR devices like Hololens for developing context aware memory theatres - something that would likely be of interest to artists and curators.

best

Simon


Simon Biggs
[log in to unmask]
http://www.littlepig.org.uk
http://amazon.com/author/simonbiggs
http://www.unisanet.unisa.edu.au/staff/homepage.asp?name=simon.biggs
http://www.eca.ed.ac.uk/school-of-art/simon-biggs








> On 24 Aug 2017, at 15:13, Pauline de Souza <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 
> Dear All,
> 
> Work is being done in this area but it is not done just by artists. It is done be people who have strong interest in this area. People who are interested in the production etc are working with teams which does include artists. Some material is published but is not open publication. Some publications are in computer journals which are not often read by directors, curators and artists'.
> 
> Hope this helps.
> 
> Pauline.
> 
> Sent from my Windows Phone
> ________________________________
> From: Kelani Nichole<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> Sent: ‎23/‎08/‎2017 18:31
> To: 
> [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]
> C.UK>
> Subject: Re: [NEW-MEDIA-CURATING] the return of VR
> 
> Thank you for bringing up this critical issue.
> 
> The jargon and misconceptions around simulation technology in the 
> artworld is embarrassing. None of these mainstream artists, 
> exhibitions and their reviews are addressing the formal qualities of virtual reality.
> 
> The implications of 'production' and 'distribution' on a studio 
> practice are not even being acknowledged by efforts like this.
> 
> Why is 'high-quality' the standard? And where is the historical 
> context for these works? Genuine critical interrogation of the medium 
> has been happening for decades, but rarely seen.
> 
> Much needed work to be done in this space!
> 
> 
> Best,
> Kelani Nichole
> 
> Owner/Director, TRANSFER
> http://transfer.gallery
> 
> *June 8th – August 20th at Haus der elektronischen Künste Basel* 
> 'Unreal. The Algorithmic Present 
> <http://www.hek.ch/programm/events/event/testing-real.html>' featuring 
> the TRANSFER Download
> 
> *September 9th – October 14th at TRANSFER* 'Behind White Shadows 
> <http://transfergallery.com/behind-white-shadows-rosa-menkman/>' a 
> solo exhibition from Rosa Menkman *This exhibition is supported by the 
> TRANSFER VR Commission
> <http://transfergallery.com/vr/>*
> 
> 
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Christiane Paul, Curatorial < 
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 
>> I couldn't agree more. I keep reminding people of  Virtual Reality: 
>> An Emerging Medium (https://kimpattersonvirtualre
>> ality2014.wordpress.com/2014/10/16/virtual-reality-an-
>> emerging-medium-1993/) at the Guggenheim in 1993.
>> 
>> [https://kimpattersonvirtualreality2014.files.wordpress.com/
>> 2014/10/413_1r110402_003_sep2.jpg?w=1200]<https://kimpatters
>> onvirtualreality2014.wordpress.com/2014/10/16/virtu
>> al-reality-an-emerging-medium-1993/>
>> 
>> Virtual Reality: An Emerging Medium (1993) | Virtual Reality in Art< 
>> https://kimpattersonvirtualreality2014.wordpress.com/
>> 2014/10/16/virtual-reality-an-emerging-medium-1993/>
>> kimpattersonvirtualreality2014.wordpress.com
>> Intel Digital Education & Arts Program brought Virtual Reality to the 
>> public in the Guggenheim Art Museum. The curators were unsure of the 
>> response the exhibition would get, but it sold out eve…
>> 
>> 
>> ________________________________
>> From: Curating digital art - 
>> www.crumbweb.org<http://www.crumbweb.org> < 
>> [log in to unmask]> on behalf of Andreas Broeckmann < 
>> [log in to unmask]>
>> Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 6:47:12 AM
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> Subject: the return of VR
>> 
>> friends, do you remember the discussions about the diffusion of "New 
>> Media Art" into the mainstream, almost a decade ago, and the 
>> entanglements of "Post-Internet Art"?
>> 
>> personally i thought that formulations like "some of the highest 
>> quality Virtual Reality artworks currently available in the world", 
>> "Virtual Reality has made a successful entry onto the global market", 
>> "this medium [enables] artists to cross boundaries and expand their 
>> field unlike ever before", or "the medium, thus, literally, opens up 
>> an entirely new world for both artists and viewers", - would belong 
>> to the past, and maybe this announcement is just a glitch on the 
>> surface of the post-digital; but it is strange to find such 
>> 1996-style, technically affirmative rhetoric on E-Flux...
>> 
>> greetings,
>> -a
>> 
>> -------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht --------
>> Betreff:         Faurschou Foundation Beijing presents Virtual Reality Art
>> Datum:   Wed, 23 Aug 2017 04:00:06 -0400
>> Von:     e-flux <[log in to unmask]>
>> 
>> 
>> */Virtual Reality Art/*
>> Christian Lemmerz, Erik Parker, Paul McCarthy, Tony Oursler, Yu Hong 
>> August 27, 2017–February 3, 2018
>> 
>> *Press preview:* August 26, 3–4pm
>> *Opening:* August 26, 4–7pm
>> 
>> *Faurschou Foundation Beijing*
>> Chaoyang Qu
>> 2 Jiuxuanquao Road
>> 100015 Beijing
>> China
>> 
>> http://www.faurschou.com
>> 
>> Faurschou Foundation is pleased to present some of the highest 
>> quality Virtual Reality artworks currently available in the world. 
>> The exhibition, /Virtual Reality Art/, will be exhibited in Beijing 
>> from August 27, 2017 to February 3, 2018, and will consist of five 
>> consecutive “sub-exhibitions” for each participating artist: 
>> Christian Lemmerz, Erik Parker, Paul McCarthy, Tony Oursler and Yu Hong.
>> 
>> Virtual Reality has made a successful entry onto the global market at 
>> an unusually fast pace. In the art world, this medium is entering a 
>> ground-breaking period, enabling artists to cross boundaries and 
>> expand their field unlike ever before. It is impossible to do justice 
>> to Virtual Reality artworks with a mere description, which is why, in 
>> order to understand them, one must experience them first-hand. The 
>> medium, thus, literally, opens up an entirely new world for both 
>> artists and viewers.
>> 
>> In collaboration with Khora Contemporary, Faurschou Foundation has 
>> worked with several internationally renowned contemporary artists to 
>> create Virtual Reality art, namely Christian Lemmerz, Erik Parker, 
>> Paul McCarthy and Tony Oursler. With this new exhibition, the 
>> Foundation will also reveal a new piece by Chinese artist, Yu Hong. 
>> Each artwork will be exhibited for a one-month period with 
>> complementary sketches, books and artworks for each of the artists and their respective VR pieces.
>> 
>> Faurschou Foundation is glad to continue collaborating with Khora 
>> Contemporary after the successful exhibition,/New Media (Virtual 
>> Reality)/, in connection to the Venice Biennale 2017. Khora 
>> Contemporary was established in 2016 in Copenhagen by five partners 
>> with a common passion for art, and a shared vision of Virtual 
>> Reality’s significance in the art landscape of the future. Khora 
>> Contemporary conducts extensive research on this progressive medium, 
>> and specializes in translating the vision of established and emerging 
>> artists into the language of VR. This makes Khora Contemporary the 
>> first production company to focus on creating contemporary artworks in Virtual Reality.
>> 
>> Christian Lemmerz: August 27–September 29, 2017 (Opening August 26) 
>> Erik Parker: October 1–27, 2017 (Opening September 30) Paul McCarthy: 
>> October 29–November 24, 2017 (Opening October 28) Tony Oursler: 
>> November 26, 2017–January 5, 2018 (Opening November 25) Yu Hong: 
>> January 7–February 3, 2018 (Opening January 6)
>> 
>> *Faurschou Foundation?*
>> Faurschou Foundation is a privately owned art institution with a 
>> collection of contemporary art, and with exhibition venues at 
>> Copenhagen North Harbour as well as Beijing’s attractive art neighbourhood 798.
>> Faurschou Foundation introduces the visitors to some of the world’s 
>> most acclaimed artists. Faurschou Foundation’s collection is 
>> constantly developed and expanded.
>> 
>> Over a very short period since its establishment in 2011 Faurschou 
>> Foundation has profiled itself as a significant art institution with 
>> solo exhibitions of among other artists Cai Guo-Qiang, Louise 
>> Bourgeois, Shirin Neshat, Gabriel Orozco, Danh Vo, Bill Viola, Ai 
>> Weiwei, Yoko Ono and Peter Doig.
>> 
>> For further information please contact:
>> English inquiry: Katrine Winther, [log in to unmask] 
>> <mailto:[log in to unmask]> / T +45 33914131 Chinese inquiry: 
>> Rebecca Yang, [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> / 
>> T +86 13146006899
>> 

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 24 Aug 2017 09:29:40 +0200
From:    Andreas Broeckmann <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: the return of VR

I find it interesting how artists like Cecile B. Evans, Sidsel Meineche Hansen, Ed Atkins, etc., use VR as part of their practice and how sometimes the technical aspects of the VR aesthetic are highlighted (like in some reviews of Jon Rafman's piece for the Berlin Biennial last year), while others just take the aesthetics for granted.

How much does, what is happening in the particular art projects today, really have to do with the excited discussions of the 1990s? Same-same?

-a

PS: ... and, earlier this year at HeK in Basel:

The Unframed World. Virtual Reality as artistic medium for the 21st century http://www.hek.ch/en/program/events-en/event/die-ungerahmte-welt.html


Am 24.08.17 um 08:59 schrieb Simon Biggs:
> There’s loads of work going on around the place in this area - including here at the South Australian School of Art.
>
> I wouldn’t take much notice of the announcement of the show in Beijing. Looking at the blurb for the organisation they have a history of bringing in high profile artists. I suspect their primary intention is to promote their brand by association with the artists they commission. Their interest in VR, AR or interactive environments is probably cursory, responding to what they perceive as a current hot topic in popular culture.
>
> Now - as has been observed, there’s a lot of serious work going on with VR at the moment and much of it isn’t being discussed outside closed groups. Would CRUMB be an appropriate place to have such a discussion? For example, the potential of AR devices like Hololens for developing context aware memory theatres - something that would likely be of interest to artists and curators.
>
> best
>
> Simon

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 24 Aug 2017 07:54:03 +0000
From:    Pauline de Souza <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: the return of VR

Hi Andrea,


I agree with Simon but the Berlin Biennial only discusses/shows that it discusses from a small circle. I suggest that you re-read my earlier comment before Simon responded if you have not already done so.

Thanks,

Pauline.


Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Andreas Broeckmann<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Sent: ‎24/‎08/‎2017 08:29
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [NEW-MEDIA-CURATING] the return of VR

I find it interesting how artists like Cecile B. Evans, Sidsel Meineche Hansen, Ed Atkins, etc., use VR as part of their practice and how sometimes the technical aspects of the VR aesthetic are highlighted (like in some reviews of Jon Rafman's piece for the Berlin Biennial last year), while others just take the aesthetics for granted.

How much does, what is happening in the particular art projects today, really have to do with the excited discussions of the 1990s? Same-same?

-a

PS: ... and, earlier this year at HeK in Basel:

The Unframed World. Virtual Reality as artistic medium for the 21st century http://www.hek.ch/en/program/events-en/event/die-ungerahmte-welt.html


Am 24.08.17 um 08:59 schrieb Simon Biggs:
> There’s loads of work going on around the place in this area - including here at the South Australian School of Art.
>
> I wouldn’t take much notice of the announcement of the show in Beijing. Looking at the blurb for the organisation they have a history of bringing in high profile artists. I suspect their primary intention is to promote their brand by association with the artists they commission. Their interest in VR, AR or interactive environments is probably cursory, responding to what they perceive as a current hot topic in popular culture.
>
> Now - as has been observed, there’s a lot of serious work going on with VR at the moment and much of it isn’t being discussed outside closed groups. Would CRUMB be an appropriate place to have such a discussion? For example, the potential of AR devices like Hololens for developing context aware memory theatres - something that would likely be of interest to artists and curators.
>
> best
>
> Simon

------------------------------

End of NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Digest - 23 Aug 2017 to 24 Aug 2017 (#2017-85)
************************************************************************

Top of Message | Previous Page | Permalink

JiscMail Tools


RSS Feeds and Sharing


Advanced Options


Archives

October 2019
September 2019
August 2019
July 2019
June 2019
May 2019
April 2019
March 2019
February 2019
January 2019
December 2018
November 2018
October 2018
September 2018
August 2018
July 2018
June 2018
May 2018
April 2018
March 2018
February 2018
January 2018
December 2017
November 2017
October 2017
September 2017
August 2017
July 2017
June 2017
May 2017
April 2017
March 2017
February 2017
January 2017
December 2016
November 2016
October 2016
September 2016
August 2016
July 2016
June 2016
May 2016
April 2016
March 2016
February 2016
January 2016
December 2015
November 2015
October 2015
September 2015
August 2015
July 2015
June 2015
May 2015
April 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
July 2014
June 2014
May 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
July 2013
June 2013
May 2013
April 2013
March 2013
February 2013
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
August 2012
July 2012
June 2012
May 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
November 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
July 2011
June 2011
May 2011
April 2011
March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010
December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
July 2009
June 2009
May 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009
December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008
December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
September 2007
August 2007
July 2007
June 2007
May 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007
2006
2005
2004
2003
2002
2001


JiscMail is a Jisc service.

View our service policies at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/ and Jisc's privacy policy at https://www.jisc.ac.uk/website/privacy-notice

Secured by F-Secure Anti-Virus CataList Email List Search Powered by the LISTSERV Email List Manager