Help for FEM-ART-LOCALGLOBALRESEARCH Archives

FEM-ART-LOCALGLOBALRESEARCH Archives

FEM-ART-LOCALGLOBALRESEARCH Archives

FEM-ART-LOCALGLOBALRESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

FEM-ART-LOCALGLOBALRESEARCH Home

FEM-ART-LOCALGLOBALRESEARCH Home

FEM-ART-LOCALGLOBALRESEARCH  August 2017

FEM-ART-LOCALGLOBALRESEARCH August 2017

Introduction

Sally Deskins <[log in to unmask]>

Local-Global Dynamics in Feminism and Contemporary Art <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 6 Aug 2017 20:45:53 +0000

Hello,

Thank you Katy for starting this list. I was honored to have one publication in n.paradoxa but enjoyed reading all of the others very much and used a lot of it in my research!! Thank you for your time and dedication in publishing it for so long.

I am thrilled to be on this list. I graduated last year with an MA in art history from West Virginia University where I focused on feminist art and curating. My thesis looked at the evolution of the curating of Judy Chicago's The Dinner Party, which I'm currently trying to get published. I'm really excited about the two upcoming exhibits and find the timing to my investigation interesting! :)  I am also doing a paper on print maker Wanda Ewing (1970-2013) which I will present at the Southeast College Art Conference with her feminist play with art history in her work. I'm also now interested in curating in Libraries, since I recently got a job as Exhibits Coordinator at the University Libraries here, a new position. I continuously am writing about women and feminist artists and exhibits and edit Les Femmes Folles, an online journal for women in art. I also curate as much as I can independently.  I have two kids and a husband and with what tiny other time I have, I also make my own figurative artwork honoring feminist artists, as I started out as a visual artist a long time ago and need to scratch the creative itch.

Thanks again and feel free to email me at [log in to unmask] if you have any collaboration ideas or pointers into publishing.

Cheers,

Sally Deskins