We are looking for a Principal Statistician to join Oncimmune and transition to the lead position of Senior Principal Statistician. We are a leading firm in the cancer detection space using proprietary technology to detect cancer up to 4 years earlier than current standards. We successfully listed in the AIM recently and are growing the firm to expand our work towards our mission of improving the outcomes of cancer patients through early detection.
This is a permanent, full-time post based at Oncimmune Headquarters in Nottingham.
As a Principal Statistician, you’ll work alongside our current Senior Principal Statistician reporting to the Chief Operational Scientist.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Providing statistical consultancy to the scientific staff within the scientific environment
• Study design, protocol review, data handling, data analysis and methodology development
• Development of statistical programs using commercial software (SAS)
• Communication of results by means of graphics, reports, e-mail and verbal presentation
• Validation, testing and documentation of statistical software
• Supervision of statistical department
• Preparation and review of scientific manuscripts and posters for publication
• Attendance at high-level internal meetings (Scientific Advisory Board)
• Preparation of documentation (SOPs, Validation Plans, etc.) for regulatory purposes
Expertise in the following areas are desired but not essential as training and support can be provided:
• Calibration; theory and practice
• Assay validation
• Method comparison
• Stability analysis
• Non-linear curve fitting (particularly 4pl)
• Mixed-model ANOVA (and variance component analysis)
• Statistical process control
• Sample size calculation
• Multivariate analysis (e.g. clustering)
• Diagnostic test performance
• Logistic regression
• Risk modelling
• Clinical utility and HTA/HE
• Biomarker development
We are looking for a highly experienced person to join our team and gradually begin to lead the provision of wide statistical support to the research, development and production activities of the company.
We offer a compensation package to match the responsibility and experience required.
To apply for the position or informally discuss it, please reach out to me at [log in to unmask]
I’m happy to further discuss the opportunity and answer any questions you may have. Feel free to attach your CV to the email.
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.