Please see below open call for two fully-funded PhD studentships in the Faculty of Media and Communication at Bournemouth University. Please do pass on to anyone who you think might be interested.
Funding for: UK Students, EU Students
Funding amount: £14,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Deadline: 2nd July 2017
We are seeking two excellent candidates presenting academically strong proposals committed to completing innovative and high-impact doctoral projects. The studentships will support doctoral work likely to contribute within or across a range of academic fields in the Faculty and demonstrating the highest academic standards.
These studentships represents an opportunity for engagement with internationally recognized research excellence in media, communications, arts practice, design, law, English literature, media history, media education, animation, cultural studies and politics. We have special interest in supporting applications linked to the following areas:
• Media and Communication – futures, change and innovation
• Psychosocial studies, political psychology, culture, memory and affect
• Promotional cultures, consumption and brand communication
• Politics and media
• Journalism, innovation and change
• Media education, innovation, digital literacy
• English Literature(s) and literary media
• Media history, cultures, heritage, archiving and curation
• Hollywood film /global film; new film formats and platforms
• Practice-led / practice-based work in film, animation, media, art and design
• Media law and Intellectual Property
• Law, war and conflict
• Animation, Internet of Things, Augmented and Virtual reality, 3D Printing
• Media, culture, gender, ethnicity and identities
Candidates must provide a strong, original and creative proposal linked to an area of strength within the Faculty of Media and Communication.
For full details and information on how to apply, please visit:
All the best,
Einar Thorsen, PhD
Associate Professor of Journalism and Communication
School of Journalism, English and Communication
Phone: +44 (0)1202 968838
Associate Director, CsJCC
Communication Officer of MeCCSA:
UK Election Analysis 2017 (forthcoming):
BU is a Disability Confident Employer and has signed up to the Mindful Employer charter. Information about the accessibility of University buildings can be found on the BU DisabledGo webpages. This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its subsidiary companies via email.