Kit Galloway - Networked Conversations

Randall Packer <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 17 Apr 2017 17:14:09 +0800

| Interview with Kit Galloway |

Co-founder of the Electronic Café with Sherrie Rabinowitz

Networked Conversations, hosted by Randall Packer

Live & online & global via Internet chat

| Locate your time zone |

Monday, April 24: 6:00pm-7:00pm (PDT) / 9:00pm-10:00pm (EDT)

Tuesday, April 25: 3:00am-4:00am (CEDT) / 9:00am-10:00am (SGT)

| Login & participate via Adobe Connect |

https://connect.ntu.edu.sg/thirdspacenetwork/

Select “Guest,” type your name, and “Enter Room.”

| About Kit Galloway and Sherrie Rabinowitz |

Kit Galloway and Sherrie Rabinowitz are widely recognized pioneering artists of communications art. They were among the first artists to begin exploring tele-collaboration with satellite technologies in the 1970s, including their masterwork Hole-in-Space from 1980. In 1984, they founded the Electronic Café, a project commissioned by the LA Museum of Contemporary Art and Olympic Arts Festival, joining cafés and restaurants that connected culturally diverse communities in Los Angeles. People at the sites exchanged drawings, photos, poems, video and fax messages via a dedicated network: nearly ten years before the Web became a mass medium. The artists’ commitment to using technologies to enhance community interaction led them to establish the Electronic Café as an ongoing cultural incubator in Santa Monica, California, where it became internationally known as an influential hub for dialogue, exhibition, and performance dedicated to networked art.

| Networked Conversations |
Networked Conversations is a series of live, online interviews and discussions hosted by Randall Packer. The series features media artists, curators, writers, and activists exploring a broad range of social, political and aesthetic topics at the intersection of net culture. Networked Conversations collapses geographical and cultural boundaries via participatory Internet chat: free & open & accessible from anywhere in the world.

| Upcoming Events |

May 13 – Annie Abrahams, Internet performance artist from Montpellier, France

June 17 – Gene Youngblood, author of Expanded Cinema from Santa Fe, New Mexico

| Third Space Network |

The Third Space Network (3SN) is an Internet broadcast channel for the live media arts and creative dialogue. In 2017, we are beginning our first programming with Networked Conversations, a series of Internet chats with pioneering media artists, curators, writers, and activists. 3SN is a project of Randall Packer in conjunction with research at the School of Art, Design and Media, Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, where he is an Associate Professor of Networked Art.

For more Information: https://thirdspacenetwork.com/networked-conversations/

Like our Facebook Page ||| Follow on Twitter ||| Join our Mailing List