For those of you in or nearby the Netherlands next week, I’d like to share with you an interesting 3 day event.
Economia festival: A feast for elastic and curious minds
28-30 April 2017, Natlab, Eindhoven
From 28-30 April, the first ‘think festival’ in the South of the Netherlands organised by Baltan Laboratories will take place in Natlab, Eindhoven. Economia, a festival on economy without the economists ... but with
• inspiring artists and keynote speakers: Jennifer Lyn Morone<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/jennifer-lyn-morone-inc>, Evgeny Morozov<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/evgeny-morozov>, Frank Trentmann<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/frank-trentmann-a-world-of-consumers>, Pankaj Mishra<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/frank-trentmann-a-world-of-consumers>, Geerat Vermeij<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/geerat-vermeij-the-economy-of-nature>, Paolo Cirio and Brett Scott
• mind-bending cult-classics, shorts and documentaries that give different perspectives on economics
• a wicked workshop<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/currency-concept-design-by-lenara-verle-ilan-katin> on money making and a unique masterclass<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/the-art-of-financial-hacking-by-paolo-cirio-and-brett-scott> on financial art-hacking
• playful performances by Holly Crawford<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/alchemy-and-the-gift-by-holly-crawford> and Valery Vermeulen<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/krystal-ball-by-valery-vermeulen>
• Installations by Daniel de Bruin<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/moniac-by-daniel-de-bruin>, Monique Grimord<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/terraeconomics-by-monique-grimord>, Zachary Formwalt<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/three-exchanges-by-zachary-formwalt>, Melanie Bonajo<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/night-soil-by-melanie-bonajo>, Jennifer Lyn Morone<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/jennifer-lyn-morone-inc> and RYBN.ORG<http://thinkeconomia.com/program/adm-xi-by-rybn>
The program Economia festival is an extensive line-up of appealing international keynote speakers, masterclasses, films, performances and art-installations combines new ways of thinking with practical insights, humour and fiction. Various disciplines of science and art will discuss economy, today and in the future. Check out the entire program at thinkeconomia.com<http://thinkeconomia.com/> and join us on 28,29 and 30 April in looking at economy in a different, profound and playful way!
Passe-partouts and day passes for individual festival days are available via: https://www.eventbrite.nl/o/baltan-laboratories-8135615434]
Renewable Futures Conference
Part of Economia is the second Renewable Futures Conference<http://thinkeconomia.com/renewable-future-conference>, aiming to stretch our understanding of economics. The conference is organized in close cooperation with RIXC<http://rixc.org/> and the Renewable Futures program. With a festival ticket people can also join the conference presentations. Seats are limited.
The festival and the conference are organized by Baltan Laboratories. Economia is kindly supported by Creative Industries Fund NL, Brabant C, Mondriaan Fund and EU program Creative Europe.