Help for SPM Archives

SPM Archives

SPM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

SPM Home

SPM  March 2017

SPM March 2017

Postdoc position at University of Arizona, Cognition & Neuroimaging

Molly Memel <[log in to unmask]>

Molly Memel <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:53:18 +0000

http://uacareers.com/postings/16956

The Department of Psychology of the University of Arizona invites applications for a postdoctoral research associate position in cognitive neuroscience. The position is funded by a 4 year grant to Dr. Lee Ryan to investigate age-related cognitive impairments associated with heart failure and cardiac bypass surgery, and to determine the efficacy of an investigational drug, Angiotensin 1-7, for maintaining cognitive functioning in these individuals. The studies will include neuropsychological and experimental cognitive testing and MRI methods including functional, structural, diffusion tensor, and perfusion imaging. The primary duties include coordination of patient recruitment with clinical sites, facilitating collection of cognitive and MRI data, analyses of imaging and behavioral data, and writing manuscripts. There will also be opportunities to pursue additional research projects related to memory, aging, and disorders of aging.

The position is funded for one year and renewable dependent on availability of funds and satisfactory performance. Successful applicants will have demonstrated research interests in the cognitive neuroscience of aging and cognition, strong experimental and statistical training, knowledge of MRI analysis methods, and a record of publishing outstanding research. All degree requirements for a Ph.D. in Psychology or a related discipline must be completed prior to starting this position. The start date is expected to be May 1, 2017.

Interested candidates should submit a statement of research and a CV to our posting at http://www.uacareers.com for job #P20339. Applicants should also arrange for three letters of reference, with one being from your current faculty advisor or supervisor.

At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range perspectives and experiences, we encourage diverse candidates to apply, including people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff, and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.

Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!

Accepting a new position is a big life step. We want potential candidates and their families to be able to make informed decisions. Candidates who are considering relocation to the Tucson or Phoenix area, and have been offered an on-site interview, are encouraged to use the free services offered by Above & Beyond Relocation Services (ABRS).Ask your department contact to be introduced to ABRS prior to your visit.

The University of Arizona has been recognized on Forbes 2015 list of America’s Best Employers in the United States and has been awarded the 2016 Work-Life Seal of Distinction by World@Work! For more information about working at the University of Arizona, please click here.