Apologies for cross-postings, and for promotion of an event that’s local. However, I hope that this will be of interest to the research community.
You are cordially invited to a concert, celebration, and CD release on Friday 31st March, 8pm at Rich Mix in London.
On the bill will be performances by:
- Laetitia Sonami (San Francisco), on her spring spyre instrument
- Renick Bell (Tokyo) & Steph Horak in a duo of live coding and voice
- Sarah Nicolls, on piano and movement sensors
- Tom Richards, on a Daphne Oram designed analogue synthesiser and polyrhythms
- Dane Law, in granulated rave fragments
- Ewa Justka, pumping light fueled noise
- Atau Tanaka sonifying neuron impulses of the body
The concert is a culmination of our EAVI Nights series, and marks the successful completion of the EU funded research project, Meta Gesture Music.
We are publishing a CD in collaboration with The Wire magazine for the occasion, including tracks by these artists as well as additional tracks by Kaffe Matthews, xname, and Leafcutter John.
The admission includes a free copy of the CD.
Seating is limited. Booking, and set times at http://metagesture.eventbrite.co.uk
Meta Gesture Music
Friday 31st March, 8pm (doors 7:45pm)
Rich Mix 35-47 Bethnal Green Road E1 6LA
London Overground: Shoreditch High Street