Can you hear me? Improving Communications with colleagues and customers
Being able to communicate effectively is an essential skill in both our working and social lives.
In organisations today communication has become more important than ever in assisting productivity. Poor communication, results in low morale and poor performance impacting the overall performance of the organisation.
This course will help people to become effective communicators with teams, customers and other colleagues.
LIEM is offering this half-day training event aimed at staff working in library, information and archives services to help them:
• Understand the different drivers which influence communication
• Consider the communication styles of teams and colleagues
• Be able to get their messages heard and understood
• Become familiar with a range of effective communication tools to take away.
Topics covered within this workshop are:
• The Jigsaw Discovery Tool© Jigsaw@work (a simple but memorable tool that helps people learn to understand their own and others’ styles)
• Listening Skills
• Influencing Skills
• Making your communication effective with different types of people
The training event will be at Nottingham Central Library on Tuesday 7th March 2017, 09.30-13.00
Refreshments will be available on arrival from 9.15 am and throughout the morning.
15 places are available on this training day. The cost per person is £90.00 for LIEM member organisations and £110.00 for staff from non-member organisations.
About the facilitator: Carol Brooks
Carol is accredited to deliver the Jigsaw Discovery Tool© [log in to unmask] With over 30 years’ experience as a manager and leader in local government and the military she has been heavily involved in delivering training across a range of sectors. She is the founder of Chrysalis Coaching & Development.
For further information or bookings contact [log in to unmask]