FMCAD 2016 - FORMAL METHODS IN COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
International Conference on Formal Methods in Computer-Aided Design
Synopsys Building B
690 E Middlefield Rd
Mountain View, CA 94043
FMCAD 2016 is the sixteenth in a series of conferences on
the theory and application of formal methods in hardware and
system design and verification. FMCAD provides a leading
international forum to researchers and practitioners in
academia and industry for presenting and discussing novel
methods, technologies, theoretical results, and tools for
formal reasoning about computing systems, as well as open
Early Registration Deadline: September 23, 2016
Registration details are available from the conference Web
page. See URL
The technical program is available at the conference Web page. It
includes 3 invited keynotes, 4 invited tutorials, 23 regular papers, 3
short papers, a special session dedicated to Helmut Veith, and Student
- Dawn Song, UC Berkeley - "Formal Verification for Computer Security:
Lessons Learned and Future Directions"
- Christos Papadimitriou, UC Berkeley - "Understanding Evolution
- George Varghese, UCLA - "Network Verification – When Clarke Meets
- Pranav Ashar, Real Intent, Inc. - "A Paradigm Shift in Verification
- Bernd Finkbeiner, Saarland University, and Markus Rabe, UC Berkeley
- "Verifying Hyperproperties of Hardware Systems"
- Manish Pandey, Synopsys, Inc. - "Machine Learning and Systems for
the Next Frontier in Formal Verification"
FMCAD 2016 will feature a Student Forum that provides a platform for
graduate students at any career stage to introduce their research to
the wider Formal Methods community, and solicit feedback on it. The
event will consist of 10 short presentation by student authors,
together with a poster corresponding to each presented topic that will
be on display throughout the duration of the conference. All FMCAD
participants are strongly encouraged to attend the student
presentations and the subsequent poster session, and engage with the
presenters throughout the duration of the conference.
FMCAD 2016 will be held in Synopsys Building B, on the Synopsys campus
in Mountain View, California. The banquet will be held at Testarossa
Winery. For details, please see the conference web page.
- Sponsored by: FMCAD, Inc.
- Technical Co-sponsor: IEEE CEDA
- In-cooperation with: ACM SIGDA
- Industrial Financial Support: Amazon, Cadence, Cisco, IBM, Infosys,
Mentor Graphics, Onespin Solutions, Oski Technology, Synopsys