Research Scientist in Educational Neuroscience
Named the world’s No. 1 Fastest-Rising Young University by Times Higher Education and ranked the world’s best young university (Quacquarelli Symonds 2016) – Nanyang Technological University (Singapore) – draws Educational Neuroscience research talents who can help provide novel approaches to teaching and learning. The research-intensive University is at the forefront of multidisciplinary research involving education technology, psychology, and neuroscience to enhance learning environment in physical and virtual spaces.
Through the Centre for Research and Development in Learning (CRADLE@NTU), a centre for higher education and Science of Learning research, the University scouts for a Research Scientist interested in cognitive neuroscience of learning, and/or in bridging research findings from Educational Neuroscience to Pedagogy. The position is for a 3-year term (renewable).
• Ph.D. in a relevant discipline (e.g. cognitive development, neuroscience, education, psychology);
• Excellent communication (oral and scientific writing in English) and interpersonal skills.
• Independence in developing programmatic research;
• Experience in conducting behavioural experiments on neuropsychology or cognitive psychology;
• Experience in teaching or conducting research related to education settings;
• Experience with neuroimaging techniques (functional and diffusion MRI/EEG/fNIRS and/or TMS);
• Familiarity with image data analysis tools such as SPM, FSL, AFNI, Matlab, DSIstudio, etc.
The successful candidate will collaborate with researchers from Johns Hopkins University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and/or Stanford University to build up capacity for Educational Neuroscience research in Singapore. He/she will also work closely with the Clinical Brain Lab at the NTU Division of Psychology, Educational and Cognitive Development Lab (ECDL) at the National Institute of Education and other local institutions involved in imaging research. He/she will have access to state-of-the-art neuroimaging facilities with 3T MRI scanner, MEG, EEG/fMRI, NIRS/EEG, and tDCS equipment.
Applicants should submit the following items:
• Curriculum Vitae inclusive of at least three character references;
• Letter of application demonstrating how you fit the position (including statement of research interests);
• Sample publications (if any);
• Any other documents (e.g. letters of reference) to help demonstrate your qualifications.
Please send application and documents, as well as inquiries to [log in to unmask] Inquiries can also be sent to Dr Annabel Chen ([log in to unmask]) for a meeting at HBM2016.
The position will remain open until filled.
Further information can be found here:
1) Nanyang Technological University - http://ntu.edu.sg
2) CRADLE@NTU - http://cradle.ntu.edu.sg/Pages/Home.aspx
3) Clinical Brain Lab (NTU Division of Psychology) - http://clinicalbrain.org/