Re: GEM Digest - 8 Jun 2016 (#2016-199)

Kevina Khan <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 Jun 2016 07:59:56 +0000

text/plain

Re: Fuzzy Felt

Hi Pam,

One possible fabric close to what you are looking for is called loop nylon. But also felt sticks well to itself you can create a felt board. It depends how giant you are going, but I've found the best surface and closest to the real fuzzy felt board is a flock surface which you can buy in sheets or self-adhesive on a roll but probably only 60cm wide.

Best

Date:    Wed, 8 Jun 2016 12:24:37 +0000

From:    Cathy Simpson <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: Re: Fuzzy felt

Hi there

You could always, if all else fails, use a felt board and the 'loop' side of Velcro (either brands are available) stuck to the back of the felt shapes.  You could also use laminated pics with this stuck on the back of you want to avoid the felt shapes being pulled out of shape, although this gives a less tactile experience

Cathy

Education Officer

London Canal Museum

http://www.canalmuseum.uk<http://www.canalmuseum.uk/>

Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/canalmuseum Follow us on Twitter: @canalmuseum Follow us on Google Plus: google.com/+canalmuseum We're on Pinterest & Foursquare too

Tel: 020 7713 0836   Registered Charity no. 277484