Please note the following up-and-coming dates regarding the *Timetabling and Scheduling* Stream at OR58: The 58th Annual Conference in Operational Research, to be held at the University of Portsmouth, England, from the 6th to the 8th of September 2016.
* 30 May: Deadline for submission of full Keynote Papers and Extended Abstracts.
* 20 June: Notification of Acceptance to be sent reragrding Keynote Papers and Extended Abstracts.
* 30 June: Deadline for submission of titles and abstracts in time to appear in the Conference Programme.
Timetables and schedules are ubiquitous in our lives; indeed it is difficult to imagine society being able to function without them. Yet in many cases, particularly where resources such as time, money, space, or people are limited, the task of constructing feasible and attractive timetables presents serious computational challenges. Such issues make the field of timetabling and schedulingan important area of operational research with contemporary solution approaches including heuristics and metaheuristics, soft computing, evolutionary computation, artificial intelligence, simulation, mathematical programming, and constraint-based computing.
This stream invites submissions concerned with any aspect of research related to timetabling and scheduling. We particularly recognize that many timetabling and scheduling problems feature problem-structures arising in other areas of operational research such as graph theory, routing, packing, cutting, and partitioning problems. Hence we also welcome any submissions from these problem areas where applicable. Potential submission topics include:
* Algorithms for timetabling and scheduling in any field (e.g. education, transport, entertainment, health, industry, sports)
* Algorithms for problems related to timetabling (including routing, cutting, packing, graph colouring, and partitioning);
* Problem, constraint, and algorithm analysis;
* Practical issues related to timetabling and their associated problems;
* The ability of timetables and schedules to withstand changes (i.e., robustness).
All abstracts should be submitted via the Operational Research Society website at https://www.theorsociety.com/Pages/Conferences/OR58/OR58Abstract.aspx. Further information on the stream can be found here: http://www.theorsociety.com/Pages/Conferences/OR58/streams/time.aspx. Further guidelines on submissions can also be found here: http://www.theorsociety.com/DocumentRepository/Browse.aspx?DocID=691&drct=true
30 Jun 2016: Deadline for early reduced registration fee.
02 Jul 2016: Deadline for final revision of abstracts. (Normally abstracts are submitted at the same time as the paper title, but there is scope for presenters to make changes up to this date.)
18 Jul 2016: Deadline for registration if the abstract or paper is to be scheduled for presentation (thereby ensuring their talk will appear in the final programme). At least one author per presentation must book and pay for a place at the conference by 18 July 2016.
05 Sep 2016: Pre-conference evening
06 Sep 2016: Conference starts
08 Sep 2016: Conference ends