Help for BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BRITARCH Home

BRITARCH  May 2016

BRITARCH May 2016

Re: Archaeologists for Britain in Europe

Donald Henson <[log in to unmask]>

Donald Henson <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 25 May 2016 14:51:19 +0100

I agree Kim.

Archaeology is practised as a partially state regulated and funded
profession, and as a practice which is socially embedded in society. It
cannot be anything other than political. The issue of whether the UK is
in or out of Europe should be discussed within archaeology. Also,
archaeology should have something to say about the debate using our
knowledge of the past.

Don