Re: Oscillation analysis

Robert W Hatcher <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 5 Apr 2016 18:51:28 +0000

text/plain

Markus,

  Just to let you know that there are existing GENIE tools for helping create the "fully oscillated" (really, "flavor changed") fluxes from base fluxes.  How convenient this is might depend a bit on what app/framework you're using to drive GENIE.

The following is most useful in the case of detailed ntuple-style fluxes (vs. simple histograms which can easily be re-assigned a flavor).  This approach avoids creating new datafiles that would take up disk space.

The $GENIE/src/FluxDriver/GFluxBlender.h class acts like a standard flux driver to applications, but gets configured with flux generator (another GFluxI derived class, i.e. the flux driver you already use) + a flux mixer (GFlavorMixerI derived, which you can fetch from the GFlavorMixerFactory by name) -- the current only concrete class is GFlavorMap.h but users can extend the list with their own classes.  GFlavorMap allows an arbitrary mapping of input flavor (from the underlying driver) to a output flavor (returned by the blender).  Thus if one runs three times with the same input set but having the flavor map permute the flavors:

   base driver     set0 (unmod)   permute1    permute2

     nu_e    ->    nu_e           nu_mu       nu_tau

     nu_mu   ->    nu_mu          nu_tau      nu_e

     nu_tau  ->    nu_tau         nu_e        nu_mu

(and same for anti-nu) then one can construct any desired 4-flavor mixing post hoc (sterile just meaning weight = 0).

-robert

Robert W. Hatcher

Computational Physics Developer

Fermilab CS/SCD/SCS/PDS  | WH9NW