The latest software release features improved PDF/A-2b and PDF/A-3b validation and the fully featured REST API.
veraPDF 0.12 has the following features:
* PDF/A-2 and PDF-A/3 improvements: implemented checks for optional content, JPEG2000 requirements
* full compliance with BFO test suite (PDF/A-2b)
* PDF/A-1b fix: check for form field appearance
* code refactoring to enable PDF model implementation via different PDF parsers
performance and memory optimization
* full coverage of all predefined XMP properties
* The first version of the wiki identifying all PDF/A validation rules is availabe at: https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-validation-profiles/wiki
* veraPDF-library project refactored into multiple projects
* PDF Box validator implementation in separate project
* Automated source packaging with dependencies
* Corpus test results published online
The veraPDF validation engine implements the PDF/A specification using formalisations of each requirement in PDF/A-1, PDF/A-2 and PDF/A-3. The wiki determines each rule used by the software and provides details on the error(s) triggering a failure of the rule.
Download veraPDF 0.12 at: http://downloads.verapdf.org/rel/verapdf-installer.zip
Release notes are published at: https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/releases/tag/v0.12.4 (https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/releases/latest)
veraPDF is building the definitive, open source PDF/A validator. Please download and test the software. If you encounter problems, or wish to make suggestions, please add them to the project’s GitHub issue tracker (https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/issues) . Your feedback is very important, it helps to improve the software.
Becky McGuinness | Community Manager
Open Preservation Foundation | www.openpreservation.org
@openpreserve | @_veraPDF
Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]
For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at