HSBC Archives, London: Archives Trainee vacancies (1 year)
We are pleased to announce two traineeships for 2016-17.
The successful candidates will join the busy London office, which is part of a global team of archivists working in HSBC. You will be responsible for a wide range of archive duties and provide general administrative support to the team.
Duties will include:
• supervising the searchroom and retrieving records for researchers
• answering internal and external enquiries about the history and archives of HSBC
• accessioning and cataloguing physical/digital deposits
• carrying out improvements to catalogue data
• re-packaging and other conservation tasks
• researching and writing articles
• taking part in outreach work such as open days, exhibitions and branch anniversaries
The successful candidates will be working with our digital archives system. Prior experience in using Preservica and Calm software is welcome, but not essential.
The positions are based primarily at the HSBC Archive Centre in Canning Town, with occasional days spent at head office in Canary Wharf
The posts will start in September 2016 and last for one year. Applicants should be enthusiastic and able to work with minimal supervision. Adaptability and attention to detail are key qualities.
The post is designed to suit someone looking for pre-course experience and the salary will be £22,000 per annum.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to Jemma Lee, UK Archives Manager, at [log in to unmask]
Your letter should address your interest in the Archives Management profession and the HSBC traineeship. Please feel free to email with any questions.
The deadline for applications is 5pm (UK) on Wednesday 11 May 2016.
Interviews are expected to take place on the 23rd and 24th May, with a potential second round on 1st June.
Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]
For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at