Help for ALLSTAT Archives

ALLSTAT Archives

allstat@jiscmail.ac.uk

ALLSTAT Home

ALLSTAT  March 2016

ALLSTAT March 2016

JOB: (Senior) Research Associate in Applied Statistics, School of Health Sciences, UEA, Norwich, UK

"George Savva (HSC)" <[log in to unmask]>

George Savva (HSC)

Wed, 9 Mar 2016 13:26:44 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

We have an opportunity for an applied statistician (masters level, PhD or with post-doctoral experience) to join our group in the School of Health Sciences in the beautiful setting of the University of East Anglia in Norwich.  Details of the post and the project on which the post-holder would be mainly working are below.

Full details and the application process are at jobs.ac.uk http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AND252/research-associate-senior-research-associate-in-applied-statistics/

I'm happy to discuss the job informally with  anyone who might be interested.  Contact me at [log in to unmask], or phone 01603 597091.

Please pass on to anyone who might be interested.

With best wishes,
George

--

Dr George Savva
Senior Lecturer in Applied Statistics

Full time post from 1 June 2016 to 30 November 2017

We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to conduct statistical analysis in support of an internationally important health research project. This post would suit a conscientious statistician who is interested in applying their skills to the increasingly important areas of dementia and insomnia.

The Z-drug evaluation in dementia (ZED) study is an 18 month long study funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) to examine the intended and unintended effects of sleep medications, in particular Z-drug (zolpidem, zaleplon and zopiclone) use, for sleep disturbance in people with dementia. The successful candidate will conduct analysis of existing high quality epidemiological studies, routinely collected primary care data and data from randomised controlled trials to examine the trajectories of people with dementia using Z-drugs.

This post represents an outstanding career development opportunity. You will work within strong interdisciplinary teams including leading international experts in biostatistics, dementia epidemiology, geriatric psychiatry, and pharmacology, under the supervision of a senior statistician. The post is based within the School of Health Sciences at UEA in Norwich with the opportunity for travel to London and for collaboration with our other national and international project partners.

The successful candidate will have a post-graduate degree in statistics or a related subject with a good understanding of epidemiology, a passion for applied health research, and an ability to communicate findings to other academics and to non-academic stakeholders.

SIGNOFF allstat