Re: http://www.vice.com/read/dictator-poetry

Lawrence Upton <[log in to unmask]>

Poetryetc: poetry and poetics

Mon, 14 Mar 2016 16:55:32 +0000

text/plain

Thank you
That was worth reading. Ish.
Probably better without the examples.

I think re Lizzie 1 it's worth mentioning that world views were a teensy
bit different then in all sorts of ways with people writing poetry as part
of an education, those who got one

[and in that context consider the fat of Robert Hooke who was treated with
some contempt because he was relatively lowly, unlike his clear better,
Boyle

I don't think his strong Isle of Wight accent (I assume he had one, but it
wouldn't have been remarked) would have mattered then ]

which beats the many writing poetry as part of self expression and "you
can't say my poetry's no good cos that's just your opinion and anyway I
have a democratic right to...."

just turn the sound down on that

thanks for that anyway; kind of you. I wonder if Donald Trump writes poetry