Continuing Lecturer Position in Stats at La Trobe University (Melbourne, Australia)
Location: Melbourne (Bundoora)
• Make a contribution at the national level
• Bundoora Campus location, full-time continuing position
• $85,125 - $101,081 p.a. plus up to 17% superannuation
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2013), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
You will play a key role in contributing to the new Data Science program and to statistics teaching and research. You will conduct innovative research to produce high quality publications as well as design, coordinate and teach subjects and courses that provide a high quality learning experience for students.
To succeed, you will possess:
• A PhD in statistics or another relevant discipline
• A record of research publication with evidence of quality and impact
• Experience in preparing research proposals submitted to external funding bodies
• Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and have the ability to mentor and supervise students
• Capability of working with other researchers outside of the department within multi-disciplinary research teams
Closing date: Sunday, 28 February 2016
Position Enquiries: Luke Prendergast ([log in to unmask]), Head of Department, Mathematics and Statistics, 9479 2610.
More details at http://careers.pageuppeople.com/533/caw/en/job/550726/lecturer-statistics-50120771
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.