There is a fully funded postdoctoral position in Statistics/Stochastics at La Trobe University(Melbourne, Australia). Could you please forward this information to potential candidates.
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Melbourne (Bundoora)
Full-time fixed term contract until 31 December 2018
$59,585 - $80,864 + up to 17% superannuation
A person with a strong statistical/mathematical background, and research experience in advanced data analysis or mathematical/numerical modelling is required to work on the discovery project, `New Methods in Theory and Cosmic Applications of Spherical Random Fields’ funded by the Australian Research Council for the period 2016-2018 (PROJECT ID: DP160101366).
Candidates who have expertise in spatial statistics, random fields, stochastic differential equations or applied statistics are welcome, but all candidates with strong qualifications in a relevant field of mathematics and statistics are encouraged to apply and will be carefully considered. Strong computational and programming skills will be preferred.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics in La Trobe University is a full member of the Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute, the Statistical Society of Australia Inc, and an institutional member of the Australian Mathematical Society. The research groups in Statistics and Applied Mathematics in the department are internationally well known. The department hosts a branch of the Kyushu University Institute of Mathematics for Industry, Japan. La Trobe’s statistics research was rated ‘well above world standard’, the highest possible rating in Australia (Excellence in Research Australia, 2015).
Duties at this level may include:
• Conduct and publish, or otherwise disseminate high quality and/or high impact research/scholarly activities under limited supervision as part of a team.
• Participate in professional activities including presentations at conferences and seminars in field of expertise.
• Attendance at meetings associated with research or the work of the unit to which the research is connected.
• Acquire and interpret research data and results. Run analyses and tests using specified and agreed techniques and models. Contribute to the development of techniques, models and methods.
• Undertake other duties commensurate with the classification and scope of the position as required by the Head of Department or Head of School.
Key Selection Criteria (examples to choose from depending on nature of position)
• Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Probability, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or a related field, and evidence of participation in higher level study relevant to discipline or professional area.
• Evidence of experience in research and evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
• A record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of research potential.
• Experience in the analysis and modelling of data.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in a cooperative and collegial manner.
• Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and personal management skills.
Here is a link to complete information:
Department of Mathematics and Statistics | La Trobe University | Bundoora Victoria 3086, Australia
T: 03 9479 2609 | F: 03 9479 2466
E: [log in to unmask]
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.