WAN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

WAN Home

WAN  January 2016

WAN January 2016

Re: subjects for discussion

Carl Lavery <[log in to unmask]>

Walking Artists Network <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 Jan 2016 21:58:15 +0000

A very interesting final point, Phil. And I'm in agreement with you.

As I see it, deceleration has got nothing to do with slowness, as we usually understand that condition of movement/temporality. On the contrary, deceleration intensifies the speed of the world: it reveals alternative, perhaps more radical forms of pace that we are reluctant to admit because they render us so passive to the chaotic flux of things. The world as it is so much faster than we think. Its speed is beyond measure. Accelerationism should not be confused with the intensities of rhythms and beats.

Please excuse this somewhat random intervention. But I felt compelled to say something for better or worse.

Best
Carl