Help for RESEARCH-DATAMAN Archives

RESEARCH-DATAMAN Archives

RESEARCH-DATAMAN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

RESEARCH-DATAMAN Home

RESEARCH-DATAMAN  December 2015

RESEARCH-DATAMAN December 2015

Repository-related vacancies at the University of Birmingham

Jill Russell <[log in to unmask]>

Research Data Management discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:35:40 +0000

Dear Colleagues,
(With the usual apologies for cross-posting)

We have created two new posts at the University of Birmingham to support the increasing demand for repository services.  Both vacancies are now open for applications via  http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/jobs/index.aspx

Post number 53947  - Research Repository Advisor

This postholder will drive the continuing development of the open access research repositories, and provide expert support for users and LS colleagues on self-archiving publications ("green" open access), theses and research datasets.

Post number 53945 - Digital Assets Assistant Team Leader

The postholder has a key operational role in managing the work and resources of the Digital Assets Team in order to ensure the efficient and professional delivery of services supporting content repositories and Open Access (OA). The postholder will also work with team colleagues to implement and manage the centralised scanning of journal articles and book chapters needed by course tutors and by users with disabilities, and will process APC payments (for "gold" open access).

The closing date is 31 December.  I am happy to discuss these vacancies informally (I recommend getting in touch before 18th December) with anyone who may be interested in applying.

Jill

Jill Russell, Head of Digital Assets,
Library Services, Academic Services, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Tel: 0121 414 5803
@uoblibservices
https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/library