The chair for Science and Technology Studies (Prof. Dr. V. Lipphardt) at the University College Freiburg and at the Faculty of Humanities of the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg accepts applications for the position of a
(Assistant Professor Equivalent)
(100%, Tarif Group 13 TV-L)
The contract duration is initially limited to three years, starting latest with 1st July 2016.
- Research in Science Studies / Science and Technology Studies (anthropology, sociology, or history of science)
- Teaching activity of 4 hours/week per semester at the Faculty of Philosophy of the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg and the Liberal Arts and Sciences program (in English)
- Organization of chair related events
- Academic self-administration
- Acquisition of third-party funding
Habilitation is possible in this position.
Requirements are: an outstanding dissertation in Science Studies / Science and Technology Studies (or with a focus on Science Studies, in a related discipline); very good command of German and English. The successful candidate is acquainted with methods and approaches from anthropology of science, social studies of science and/or history of science. He/She pursues an independent research project in Science Studies / Science and Technology Studies (anthropology, sociology, or history of science).
You will also find the advertisement here: www.uni-freiburg.de/verwaltung/stellenboerse
If you have any questions with regard to the position please contact [log in to unmask]
Please submit your application including letter of application, CV, certificates, a letter of reference and project outline (of a maximum of 3 pages) as well as a chapter of your dissertation/an essay to [log in to unmask] until 15 January 2016.
For more information about the UCF and the University of Freiburg see: