Unilever Archives and Records Management
Job Title: Assistant Records Manager Job Number: 15000JGE
Salary: up to £36,000
Benefits: Bonus, BUPA, Career Average Plan Pension Scheme, Family Friendly Benefits
Location: Port Sunlight
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently recruiting a Records Manager within our Unilever Archive and Records Management (UARM) team, which governs both paper and electronic records in Unilever. Reporting to the Senior Records Manager, the Records Manager plays a key role in helping to deliver UARM’s comprehensive and successful Records Management programme. The role will involve business partnering various functions across the UK including Human Resources and Communications, traveling to our various locations, ensuring that they are aware of legislative requirements and providing advice on records management. The Records Manager also works closely with UARM’s Archive programme by providing records management expertise on UARM projects.
With an appropriate qualification and, preferably, experience in Records Management, you will be able to demonstrate your knowledge of issues relating to the management of both paper and electronic records. Self-motivation, excellent communication and organisational skills are all essential for this challenging role whilst experience in managing people would be desirable. You will also be expected to have a good knowledge of the legislation underpinning Records Management in the private sector.
Recent graduates with a qualification in archives and records management are welcome to apply.
• Responsible for the day to day running of the records management service and records centre to ensure that Service Level Agreements are met
• Manage client accounts providing Business Partnering to assigned functions and the review process
• Develop new procedures and operational practices.
• Assist in the continued development of the corporate taxonomy and retention schedules.
• Assist in the administration of the Content Server database and training and supporting users.
• Assign, monitor and evaluate the daily work of the support staff, provide coaching and training where required.
• Promote UARM through advice, training sessions, presentations and events.
• Conduct information audits of paper and electronic records and filing systems and help implement new file plans.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Post-graduate qualification in archives and Records Management;
• Registered member of the Archives and Records Association, or working towards this;
• Hands-on experience of electronic document/Records Management systems;
• Knowledge of IT and communication technologies in support of archive and records management functions;
• Knowledge of the legislation underpinning Records Management in the business sector;
• Thorough knowledge of methods and practices for appraising records;
• Inter-personal and communication skills;
• Self-motivated with sound planning, prioritising and project management skills;
• Work to deadlines and deliver results under pressure, with attention to detail;
• Creative thinking and problem solving;
• Customer focus: influencing and persuading skills and able to network.
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP BEHAVIOURS
• Accountability & Responsibility
• Consumer and Customer Focus
• Bias for Action
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online http://www.unilever.co.uk/careers-jobs/ and search for Job Number: 15000JGE
Please note that the closing date for the receipt of applications is 27th November 2015
To view the list archives go to: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK
To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK
For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask]
For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]