Help for NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Archives

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Archives

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING Home

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING  November 2015

NEW-MEDIA-CURATING November 2015

Re: Ground Truth: 'The Migration Machine' - The Transborder Immigrant Tool

Randall Packer <[log in to unmask]>

Randall Packer <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 30 Nov 2015 14:08:25 -0500

Hi Ricardo, I always enjoy your poetics and approach to addressing the problematic social and political issues of borders. Given the heated political climate today surrounding borders, particularly the Trump Wall and related hyperventilating regarding immigration post Paris, I wonder how border disturbance art pushes up against these dangerous dynamics. Immigration has become the emotional center stage of our political season in the US, as well as in Europe with the mass Syrian migration, and will probably gain steam heading into next year. Where do you stand on all this? What can the artist do to raise awareness, not just within our own art circles, but in the morass of anger and hatred that lies beyond.