The Society for Post-Medieval Archaeology is joining with the Nautical Archaeology Society for this year's annual conference:
*Coastal and Maritime Archaeology of the Modern Era*
Portland Building, Portsmouth University, UK
Saturday 21 – Sunday 22 November 2015
Visit the SPMA website to download the programme and book your place at the conference: http://www.spma.org.uk/events/conference2015/
You can book online (booking fee applies) or avoid the booking fee by sending a registration form with payment to our conference partners at the Nautical Archaeology Society, or call NAS on +44 (0)23 9281 8419 to book over the phone.
There will be papers covering all aspects of coastal and maritime archaeology of the last 500 years, and highlights include:
* The Relics of War: Stories from beneath the waves of Scapa Flow, Orkney
* Sir John Franklin's HMS Erebus in the Canadian Arctic
* Herring fisheries and the landscape of coastal Northumberland
* The Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Hinterland Project
* Building Colonialism: Archaeology and urban space in East Africa
As well as the NAS's traditional Beer & Skittles night!
Attending on either Saturday 21st or Sunday 22nd costs £35 and only £65 to attend the whole two-day conference, lunch and refreshments included. Stalls for societies or commercial exhibitors are also available - contact the NAS Office for further details.
[log in to unmask]