#exploreyourarchives

"Chapman, Leah" <[log in to unmask]>

Chapman, Leah

Thu, 5 Nov 2015 11:01:10 +0000

Hi all,

On Monday 16 November 2015 we want to celebrate all our wonderful archives from across the globe and the invaluable work that goes into collecting, keeping and sharing the world’s memory. We hope you will lend us your voice and join our Thunderclap<https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/33466-explore-your-archive?locale=en>, to tell the world how truly exciting, relevant, diverse and fascinating archive collections are (find out more about Thunderclap<https://www.thunderclap.it/faq>).

Last year our message blasted out to a reach of 750,000 – for 2015 we’d love to break the 1 million mark, can you help us?

For the hashtags

Throughout the Explore Your Archive week you can also take part in daily hashtags. Each day, between Monday 14 November and Friday 20 November there will be a different hashtag to join in with. It's entirely flexible so that you can work with what suits your collection and the amount of time and resource you have. Last year some archives took part in the whole week and others only joined us on one day – anything goes! There's more information here, plus you can also register to let us know you'll be taking part: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/explorearchives-week-2015-registration-18859250526

You can of course tweet about your collection and events using #explorearchives throughout the week. Last year #explorearchives trended in the UK twice on the Monday and #archiveanimals trended on the Friday. We can't wait to see what we can achieve this year!

Laura Cowdrey

Marketing Officer

@LauraCowdrey<http://www.twitter.com/lauracowdrey>

Tel: +44 (0)20 8876 3444 ext. 2629

Follow us on Twitter @UkNatArchives<http://www.twitter.com/uknatarchives>, join us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/TheNationalArchives> or sign up to our newsletter<http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/enewsletter> for monthly updates direct to your inbox.