Help for ARCHIVES-NRA Archives

ARCHIVES-NRA Archives

ARCHIVES-NRA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ARCHIVES-NRA Home

ARCHIVES-NRA  November 2015

ARCHIVES-NRA November 2015

Job Vacancy : Heritage Project Officer South Derbyshire

Stephanie Nield <[log in to unmask]>

Stephanie Nield <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Nov 2015 15:39:38 +0000

As part of our Heritage Lottery Fund South East Project "Rewind: Seven decades of stories from Leonard Cheshire Disability" applications are invited for a Heritage Project Officer based at our Archive Centre in Netherseal, South Derbyshire (near Burton-Upon-Trent).

Whilst not designed as specific pre-course placement for an Archives related Masters or Diploma, it may be of interest to those looking for pre-course experience. Please see below for further details.

Applications can be submitted at our jobs website https://www.leonardcheshire.org/about-us/people/working-leonard-cheshire-disability search Job Reference LCD004923. Alternatively, to apply by post please contact 08458 720 332, option 1, quoting the reference number.

Any enquiries can be sent to our Heritage Project Manager Tracey Gooch at [log in to unmask], telephone 02032420305.

Job Description

Heritage Project Officer

Location: Archive Centre, Netherseal, Derbyshire

Salary: £25,002 per annum, pro rata

Hours: Part time, 28 hours per week

This is a fixed term contract for 18 months

Leonard Cheshire Disability seeks a heritage project officer to support the delivery of an archive digitisation project and the creation and maintenance of a new website as part of a two year Heritage Lottery Fund supported project. The role will also include the preparation of new digital material to be uploaded to the website and to promote the website to diverse audiences.

Run by our archivist and supported by volunteers, the Leonard Cheshire Disability archive holds the history of the charity, our founder Leonard Cheshire and the personal stories of disabled people and volunteers involved with the charity since its inception in 1948.

We are seeking an organised and creative individual to help deliver the project aims of making more of the charity’s archive material available and accessible and to increase awareness of and engagement with this important archive collection.

The role will be based in the Leonard Cheshire Disability archive centre in Netherseal, with some travel to London and the South East.

Leonard Cheshire Disability welcomes applications from all sections of the community.

Please submit your CV and covering letter in one document.

Closing date: Thursday 3 December 2015

Many thanks,

Stephanie.