Help for WFTHN Archives

WFTHN Archives

WFTHN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

WFTHN Home

WFTHN  October 2015

WFTHN October 2015

Fwd: {Disarmed} A Nos Amours - Chantal Ackerman NOW exhibition & No Home Movie

"Cobb S." <[log in to unmask]>

Cobb S.

Fri, 30 Oct 2015 14:55:30 +0000

Please see below.

Best,
Shelley

Dr Shelley Cobb
English and Film
University of Southampton

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: A Nos Amours <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: 30 October 2015 at 14:51:57 GMT
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: {Disarmed} A Nos Amours - Chantal Ackerman NOW exhibition & No Home Movie

Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser<http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f60be4b81267fae37ffda37f5&id=d0dab59658&e=a5744971eb>.

[A Nos Amours logo]<http://anosamours.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f60be4b81267fae37ffda37f5&id=2e637a12a6&e=a5744971eb>

We round off our two year focus on Chantal Akerman with the UK premiere screening of her last work for cinema - and with co-curation of a large scale exhibition of her installation work. We would like also to offer thanks to a community that has gathered at screenings and events to discover or reconsider her vast and complex body of work.

Chantal Akerman:
No Home Movie (2015)

Friday 30th October, 7.30pm
Regent's Street Cinema

box office<http://anosamours.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=f60be4b81267fae37ffda37f5&id=1df67440aa&e=a5744971eb> - note: sold out.
Please call box office for returns 0207 911 5050

The UK premiere screening of what we now know is sadly Akerman's last film of all - an intimate, deeply affecting documenting of the last year of her mother's life. Nelly Akerman has figured in so many of Akerman's films (her letters to her daughter provided a script for Akerman's brilliant, much shown 1977 film News From Home), that we may feel we know her well.

We know of course that neither mother nor daughter are now alive, which lends the film an inevitably poignant significance.

As ever with Akerman, the Shoah is an inescapable, traumatic fact. But the tenderness expressed in every moment between these two brilliant women is heart rendling and wonderful.

Event supported by Film Hub London<http://anosamours.us5.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=f60be4b81267fae37ffda37f5&id=635eac124d&e=a5744971eb>, managed by Film London, proud to be a partner of the BFI Film Audience Network, funded by the National Lottery; and by Regent Street Cinema and The Centre for Research and Education in Arts and Media.<http://anosamours.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f60be4b81267fae37ffda37f5&id=1346ccb912&e=a5744971eb>Our thanks to all these organisations.

[Filmhublogos]

---

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/f60be4b81267fae37ffda37f5/images/05bdb5df-a14c-4886-aa76-f084465b17af.jpg]
Photo David Freeman, courtesy of Paradise Films/Ambika P3/Marian Goodman Gallery

30 October - 6 December 2015
Chantal Akerman NOW
Amibika P3 Gallery

An exhibition of Akerman's instalation works, including her last work, NOW (2015)

For visting hours go to Ambika P3 website here<http://anosamours.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f60be4b81267fae37ffda37f5&id=331b965710&e=a5744971eb>
Entry is free

Runs form
30th October to December 6th

In 1995 Akerman began experimenting with video installations and exhibiting her work in museums and galleries. This will be the first major UK exhibition of this artist’s extensive and highly influential body of art installation work, including the UK premiere of her last work “NOW’ (2015). Also presented are a colletion of works made by Akerman that have never before been exhibited in the UK.

The exhibition is curated by Ambika P3 (curator Michael Mazière) and A Nos Amours (Joanna Hogg and Adam Roberts), and presented in association with Marian Goodman Gallery.  It is supported by Arts Council England, CREAM (The Centre for Research and Education in Arts and
Media, University of Westminster) and Ambika P3

---
article:
Adam Roberts & Joanna Hogg: Chantal Akerman: extraordinary artist of the everyday who we will miss for ever (Guardian 8.10.15<http://anosamours.us5.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=f60be4b81267fae37ffda37f5&id=40e0aab2ca&e=a5744971eb>)<http://anosamours.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f60be4b81267fae37ffda37f5&id=c9f83d44b4&e=a5744971eb>

A Nos Amours is a collective founded by film-makers Joanna Hogg and Adam Roberts dedicated to programming over-looked, under-exposed or especially potent cinema. A Nos Amours is a moveable feast that goes wherever and whenever opportunities arise. A Nos Amours invites film-makers and others to advocate and present films that they admire or would like to see on a big screen. A Nos Amours  believes in the value of watching film as a shared experience.

www.anosamours.co.uk<http://anosamours.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f60be4b81267fae37ffda37f5&id=d6f18dbe9c&e=a5744971eb>

 follow on Twitter<https://www.twitter.com/a_nos_amours/> | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend<http://us5.forward-to-friend1.com/forward?u=f60be4b81267fae37ffda37f5&id=d0dab59658&e=a5744971eb>

Our mailing address is:

[Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=f60be4b81267fae37ffda37f5&afl=1>