Help for PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Home

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Home

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER  October 2015

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER October 2015

Your living-posters for a workshop at ALARA, 7th Nov. 2015

Jack Whitehead <[log in to unmask]>

Practitioner-Researcher <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 9 Oct 2015 13:51:17 +0100

The Town Hall Meeting at the Action Research Network of the Americas (ARNA) conference 7-8 May 2015, convened by Jacqueline Delong in Toronto, was a great success.  People from around the world were able to contribute to the conversation of an international community of educational practitioner-researchers in Toronto. Many contributed through multi-screen SKYPE and many more, who could not be present in person, were present through their living-posters, which can be accessed through http://tinyurl.com/ow244dq and also in the What’s New section of http://www.actionresearch.net .

We are inviting you to participate in another such event to work with us to extend:

‘Gobalising educational dialogues of practitioners who are seeking to contribute to the flourishing of humanity in the process of exploring the implications of asking, researching and answering, ‘How do I improve what I am doing?’ We are doing this by generating, enhancing and sharing our living-theories and developing living-cultures-of-inquiry. An individual’s living-theory is their explanation of their educational influences in their own learning, the learning of others and the learning of social formations.’

When – Saturday, 7th November 2015, 10:00-11:30 UK time – 11-12:30 in Pretoria.

The event will be physically hosted in Bath, UK and linked to the Action Learning, Action Research Association (ALARA) workshop in Pretoria, South Africa, led by Sonia Hutchison and linked through SKYPE. If you cannot be at one of those venues you will be able to participate through multi-screen SKYPE.

Although only a few people can take part in the event through SKYPE we can extend the possibilities of new connections being made by drawing attention to your work through your living-poster and making it available at and after the event if you:

1.     Create and upload a 2 minute video-clip to YouTube of you talking about the essentials of your: context; interests; research passions and; the values that give meaning and purpose to your life and work. These are your lived and living values that form your explanatory principles and living standards of judgment to which you hold yourself accountable in your practice.

2.      Send us a pdf of an attractive A4 ‘poster’ which includes brief details of your: context; interests; ontological and relational values that motivate you; research passions; details of a few of your key publications; the url to your website if you have one; your contact details and the url to your YouTube video.

If you have already done a poster, please do revisit it and send us an update. Some people have found creating the posters a useful research tool. Have a look at Jackie Delong (Canada) and Swaroop Rawal’s (India) posters as the latest updates on http://tinyurl.com/ow244dq.

What now? Send Jack your SKYPE address and your living-poster to [log in to unmask] and send on this invite to others.

Any problems, or questions don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Love
Jack