Postdoctoral position (stipend-based) in “Neuroimaging in memory disorders”
Berlin School of Mind and Brain, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
A postdoctoral position (stipend-based) in the area “Neuroimaging in memory disorders” is available immediately in our group “Cognition in neurological disorders” at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Professor Carsten Finke). Our research focuses on the clinical and cognitive neuroscience of memory and memory disorders. We are specifically interested in the pathophysiology of memory deficits in patients with inflammatory brain disorders affecting the medial temporal lobes, including viral and autoimmune encephalitis (e.g., herpes encephalitis or NMDA receptor encephalitis) and patients with paraneoplastic neurological syndromes. We use structural and functional MRI, neuropsychological assessments and psychophysiological measures to investigate the neural mechanisms of memory impairments in these disorders and to develop diagnostic and prognostic imaging biomarkers.
The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and be knowledgeable about structural and functional neuroimaging in clinical and cognitive neuroscience. The position will be available for 2 years with starting date 1 January 2016. Further information on the terms and conditions of the position is available at:
Research and training at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain focuses on the interface between the humanities and the neurosciences. The graduate school is situated in lively part of central Berlin. More information about the school’s research environment can be found on our website http://www.mind-and-brain.de.
To apply, please send an e-mail to [log in to unmask], including:
(1) Your cover letter and CV (in one file) named:
(2) Up to five reprints as pdf files named:
Please note: The max. size for all files sent in one mailing is 6 MB!
• PhD/doctorate in medicine, psychology, cognitive (neuro-)science, neurobiology or any other relevant field
• Solid experience with structural and/or functional MRI analyses
• Expertise in Matlab, Python or equivalent programming languages
• Solid background in statistics
• Evidence of published peer-reviewed research
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Experience with patients with neurological disorders is an advantage
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Position is to start as soon as possible (1 January 2016),
• Position is available until 31 December 2017 irrespective of the starting date,
• Position is stipend-based (tax-free if there is no further income),
• The stipend amounts to 1,750 euro per month plus child allowance (if applicable); see also:
Please write to Professor Carsten Finke at: [log in to unmask]
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and will continue until the position is filled.
Position published 13 October 2015