Re: Caldicott Functions

"Jones Mark (CEX)" <[log in to unmask]>

Jones Mark (CEX)

Thu, 8 Oct 2015 09:14:43 +0000

Hello Mike,

At Sheffield, we have 3 Caldicott Guardians: one for Adults Social Care, Children's and Public Health.  All are Director Grade and sit on our Information Governance Board, but it's an additional role rather their only role and their experience and background varies.

As part of our Caldicott Function (and evidencing), we ask the Guardians to attend the Board meetings; review and approve (or reject) information sharing agreements involving patient data; assist with decisions about data sharing and disclosure where it might be urgent and / or where the legal basis may be unclear (based on the principle that not sharing may cause harm).

We are considering using the Caldicott Guardian Training Needs Analysis Form, so if anyone has used it and / or produced relevant training / guidance I'd be interested to hear more about it.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Jones

Lead Information Management Officer.

Tel. 0114 205 2819.  Mobile 07919 458404

Information and Knowledge Management Team.

Business Change & Information Solutions (BCIS)

Sheffield City Council, PO Box 1283, Sheffield S1 1UJ