Help for OPENEDSIG Archives

OPENEDSIG Archives

OPENEDSIG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

OPENEDSIG Home

OPENEDSIG  September 2015

OPENEDSIG September 2015

Re: Openness and piracy in commercial publishing & a new group-based MOOC from edX at McGill

Alastair Clark <[log in to unmask]>

Open Education Special Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 17 Sep 2015 10:05:40 +0100

Very interesting dialogue you are promoting Allanah (I have to admit I
had to look up the ELT - but I have added it to me list of TLAs)

In my experience this interface is dominated by publishers desire to be
seen to be 'good' by actually offering free samples which then are
useless without the paid for extra - eg the rest of the book or the
accompanying sound files / CD.

I am just jaundiced and is there really an appetite to exercise genuine
CSR? (you see you got me with the TLAs now)

Alastair