CIG-E-FORUM  September 2015

CIG-E-FORUM September 2015

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Communicating with conference organisers

"Doyle, Helen" <[log in to unmask]>

Doyle, Helen

Wed, 9 Sep 2015 11:55:55 +0000

text/plain

I was surprised at how slowly I had to speak. Practising this made me realise that what sounded fine to me is actually a garbled mess to the audience! I actually really liked having to speak more slowly because it gave me time to breathe and forced me to calm down a bit.

In my presentation a flock of seagulls landed on the roof and started making an awful racket - it sounded as though the room was full of mice squeaking as loudly as possible! Fortunately it was only during the questions at the end, and everyone had a good laugh about it -the audience aren't going to blame the speaker for things like that happening.

Helen.

Helen Doyle | Information Officer

Norton Rose Fulbright LLP

3 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AQ, United Kingdom

Tel +44 20 7444 3456 | Fax +44 20 7283 6500

NORTON ROSE FULBRIGHT

Law around the world

nortonrosefulbright.com

Global regulation and investigations group – providing global connectivity across jurisdictions, industry sectors and regulatory fronts.