WAN  May 2015

WAN May 2015

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Reminder LivingMaps Olympic Walkathon May 17

Phil Cohen <[log in to unmask]>

Walking Artists Network <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 11 May 2015 13:43:34 +0100

text/plain

THREE WALKSHOPS IN AND AROUND THE QUEEN ELIZABETH OLYMPIC PARK
SUNDAY MAY 17   11 am – 4pm

Whether inspired by radical pedestrianism, the French Situationists, green
politics  or  a concern with historical heritage ( and sometimes by a
combination of the lot)  alternative walks, trails and guided tours are
proliferating  all over London. This event invites participants to take a
step back and reflect on the ideological and aesthetic starting points  for
these various  expeditionary geographies  by  joining one of  three  walks
in and around Olympic Park, each with its own distinctive perspective. The
walks will be   led by a  team of experienced practitioners , from natural
and cultural history to  architectural  and landscape interpretation ,  and
social media sampling, all of whom have special interest in the Olympic Park
.  Guides include Toby Butler (History Workshop), Richard White (Social
Media Artist), Nick Edward (Fundamental Architectural Inclusion) , Hilary
Powell (environmental artist) and Bob Gilbert ( environmental historian) .

The event will start at the View Tube ( near to Pudding Mill Lane  Station
(DLR - turn left out of the station and follow the signs to the Park) and
end at Timber Lodge Cafe with time out for a picnic (bring your own if you
want). After lunch there will  be a screening of John Rogers’s  film  The
London  Permambulator  introduced by its central figure, Nick Papadimitriou,
followed by a panel discussion with our team of guides.
£10  or £5 concessions   Booking is essential as places are limited.  Go to
http://bitly.com/1Etcrtb

Further details on livingmaps  website :www.livingmaps.org.uk

Phil Cohen
LivingMaps Events Curator