Copyright Legislation - one year on how changes are affecting organisations and who can benefit
May Day Madness discounted extended to Friday 15th May - quote MAYJISC when booking to get 10% off.*
*** Apologies For Cross-Posting ***
Copyright: Latest Legislative Developments
12th June 2015
Visit http://www.aslib.com/training/courses/course.htm?eventid=104 for course details
In the last couple of years and particularly following the Hargreaves Review of IP, there have been dramatic legislative developments in the UK and Europe relating to copyright. These developments will affect how digital resources are managed and used.
This course is for Library and Information Professionals wishing to gain a better understanding of the impact of these changes on their day-to-day work.
• An overview of the latest legislative developments including Orphan Works European Directive, Extension of copyright/performers’ rights duration, Amendments to the Public Sector Information Directive, Digital Economy Act, and Hargreaves Review of IP
• What’s on the horizon.
On completing the course you will be able to:
• Understand the legal requirements of copyright and related rights
• Understand the proposed changes to the copyright legislation and what these could mean for your organization and your specific role
• Consider your next steps and in particular strategic, policy and practice-related measures associated with legislative developments
• Appreciate how you can best support your colleagues regarding copyright issues they may have
This workshops and many other ASLIB workshops are available as on-site and one-to-one programmes.
Places also available on other Copyright workshops see http://www.aslib.com/training/topics.htm#cat_8
Keep up-to-date with news of further new courses and dates by checking the website: http://www.aslib.com/training/index.htm
Product Administrator (ASLIB Training)
Business & Product Innovation
Emerald Group Publishing Limited
+44 (0) 1274 515621
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
For special offers and other important information find me on Linkedin (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sue-hill/34/376/843)
or follow me on Twitter @trainingaslib
*Not to be used with any other discounts
Only one discount to be used per booking