A workshop on "Data-Enabled Advancements in Transportation Theory and Application" will be held during the 18th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC2015) in mid September 2015, Canary Islands, Spain (http://www.itsc2015.org/). Please find the call for papers below.
This workshop accepts:
* [Presentation and Publication] Full papers submitted via http://itsc2015.exordo.com/login by May 15, which will be included in the conference proceedings (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/home.jsp) subject to a formal peer review process and acceptance.
* [Presentation Only] Extended abstracts sent directly to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Please feel free to contact me for further details.
Ke Han (workshop organizer)
Imperial College London
+44 020 7594 5682
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
WORKSHOP: Data-enabled advancements in transportation theory and application
The traffic research community and practitioners are now faced with massive, multi-source, and heterogeneous datasets, which demand paradigm-shifting innovations in traffic theories, algorithms, and applications. These include, but are not limited to, formulation and calibration of fundamentally new models, traffic state estimation and prediction enhanced by statistical learning and data mining techniques, more robust and reliable decision making informed by historical and real-time traffic data, new travel behavior modeling facilitated by information and communication technologies, and new data management and visualization paradigms. This workshop will bring together expertise from multiple disciplines, and provide a platform to share and synergize cutting-edge research and practice.
1. calibration and application of parsimonious traffic models
2. robust traffic estimation and prediction with heterogenous data sources
3. decision support systems based on machine/statistical learning techniques
4. dynamic traffic assignment modeling enabled by real-time data
5. visualization of big data in traffic systems
6. optimization of transportation systems driven by big data
7. data-driven robust optimization
8. interactive, adaptive, and smart infrastructure
Submission of full papers: May 15, 2015
Notification of acceptance: June 15, 2015
Final paper submission: July 1, 2015 (template available at http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html)
Ke Han, Ph.D.
Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Transport
Center for Transport Studies
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Imperial College London
Office: 605 Skempton Building, London SW7 2BU
Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>