OPENEDSIG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

OPENEDSIG Home

OPENEDSIG  March 2015

OPENEDSIG March 2015

Re: Tracking and tracing re-use

"Pat (Pgogy)" <[log in to unmask]>

Open Education Special Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 25 Mar 2015 06:27:05 -0400

While at Oxford we worked towards using Google Analytics events to track
clicks on "reuse" options on the site. The main sites have been
redeveloped since and the code has gone, however it remains on the ww1c
site -
http://ww1centenary.oucs.ox.ac.uk/war-as-revolution/a-snap-shot-of-wwi-in-140-signs-one-year-on/

So all the social media buttons use google analytics tracking, as do the
cite link, the web link all have a GA tracker in them.

This means in GA you can see which events have been triggered on which
pages, and then look at where those events came from, and then look at
usage to see if the same "where" appears.

And it is pretty much invisible to the end user (no overhead bar GA on)

--
Pgogy Webstuff
pgogywebstuff.com