We are please to announce the following book:
Title: Beginner's Guide to Data Exploration and Visualisation with R.
Authors: Ieno & Zuur
Book website: http://www.highstat.com/BGDEV.htm
Paperback or EBook can be order (exclusively) from:
Price: 29 GBP
In 2010 we published a paper in the journal Methods in Ecology and Evolution entitled ‘A protocol for data exploration to avoid common statistical problems’. Little did we know at the time that this paper would become one of the journal’s all-time top papers, both top downloaded and top cited papers, with 22,472 downloads between 2010 and 2014.
Based on this success we decided to extend the material in the paper into a book. It is part of our 'Beginner’s Guide to ...' book series. We tried to write this book in such a way that the statistical knowledge level is as low as possible. A knowledge of linear regression is all that you need.
Outliers, normality, homogeneity, collinearity, relationships, confounding. Case studies
Dr. Alain F. Zuur
First author of:
1. Beginner's Guide to GAMM with R (2014).
2. Beginner's Guide to GLM and GLMM with R (2013).
3. Beginner's Guide to GAM with R (2012).
4. Zero Inflated Models and GLMM with R (2012).
5. A Beginner's Guide to R (2009).
6. Mixed effects models and extensions in ecology with R (2009).
7. Analysing Ecological Data (2007).
Highland Statistics Ltd.
9 St Clair Wynd
UK - AB41 6DZ Newburgh
Tel: 0044 1358 788177
Email: [log in to unmask]
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.