2015 UK WORKSHOP ON COMPUTATIONAL INTELLIGENCE (UKCI 2015)
September 7-9, Exeter, UK
Sponsored by IEEE Computational Intelligence Society
CALL FOR PAPERS
We are pleased to invite you to submit your original contributions to
the 15th UK Workshop on Computational Intelligence, which will take
place at the University of Exeter, UK, on 7th-9th September 2015.
UKCI is the premier UK event for presenting leading research on all
aspects of computational intelligence. The aim of this workshop is to
provide a forum for the academic community and industry to share ideas
about developing and using computational intelligence techniques.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed; accepted papers will be included
in the conference proceedings and indexed in IEEEXplore. Selected papers
will be considered for publication, following substantial extension, in
a Special Issue of the Soft Computing Journal (Springer). Topics of
interest include (but are not limited to):
* Machine learning, learning systems, biologically-inspired computing,
* Evolutionary computation, swarm intelligence, artificial
* Computational intelligence for big data;
* Knowledge representation;
* Fuzzy logic, fuzzy systems, approximate reasoning;
* Software agents and multi-agent systems, intelligent control;
* Intelligent signal, image and video processing;
* New and emerging computational intelligence approaches from
and systems, molecular and quantum computing;
* Applications of computational intelligence techniques in
engineering, healthcare, finances, (cyber)security.
The workshop will be held in conjunction with the Natural Computing
Applications Forum (NCAF).
Proposals for further Special Sessions within the UKCI2015 single track
programme, particularly in the areas of future directions for research,
and novel applications of Computational Intelligence research, are also
invited. Please submit applications to [log in to unmask] including
details of special session chair(s), topic and an outline of why the
topic is of particular relevance or timeliness.
* Special session proposals: 28th February 2015
* Paper submission: 18th May 2015
* Notification of paper acceptance: 6th July 2015
* Camera ready submission: 3rd August 2015
Submission will be via EasyChair; details are available from the
workshop website (http://www.ukci2015.ex.ac.uk/).
The workshop will take place at the Innovation Centre, located on the
University of Exeter's Streatham Campus, a short walk from the city of
Exeter. The city offers excellent transport links, with easy access to
the M5, two mainline railway stations, an international airport and
nearby continental ferry links. Beyond the array of activities within
the city, Exeter is close to the Jurassic Coast, the English Riviera, as
well as Dartmoor and Exmoor National Parks. We look forward to welcoming
you to Devon in 2015.
General Chair: Prof. Richard Everson (University of Exeter)
Email: [log in to unmask]