Help for DIGITAL-PRESERVATION Archives

DIGITAL-PRESERVATION Archives

DIGITAL-PRESERVATION@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DIGITAL-PRESERVATION Home

DIGITAL-PRESERVATION  November 2014

DIGITAL-PRESERVATION November 2014

Open Preservation Foundation launches new strategy, brand and website

Becky McGuinness <[log in to unmask]>

Becky McGuinness <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 17 Nov 2014 10:15:33 +0000

The Open Preservation Foundation (OPF) today launches its new strategy for 2015-18. It comprises three core strands: Technology, Knowledge, Advocacy and Alliances.

'This is a new chapter for the Foundation', explains Dr. Ross King, Chair of the OPF. 'The strategic plan has been adopted by the Board of Directors after consultation with the membership and we believe it underpins the OPF's vision to provide shared solutions for effective and efficient digital preservation'.

'The new website supports our strategy which sets out our priorities and describes the benefits we provide to our members, and the open digital preservation community', adds Ed Fay, Executive Director of OPF. 'We recently changed our name to the Open Preservation Foundation, and we are excited to reveal our new brand as we launch the website'.

The new website has been designed to provide a better user experience with improved navigation and functionality, following design and testing involving OPF members and the digital preservation community.

Reflecting the strands of the strategic plan, we invite you to explore the Knowledge section to access our blog which attracts international contributions on digital preservation case studies and tool development, as well as read our latest news and browse our community events calendar. We have introduced new content for online training and interest groups which will be further developed over time.

The Technology section sets out our open source principles and practices and showcases our digital preservation products and services. We have added a selection of corpora for testing tools to evaluate their performance.

Learn more about our projects and meet the members, board and staff in Our Organisation, and download the strategic plan 2015-18 and annual reports. As the new strategy comes in to effect we will be adding exclusive content for our members.

Users with existing accounts will be asked to reset their password when first logging in to the new website, but they will be able to add new content once this is complete. At this time we are also refreshing our infrastructure set up. The OPF wiki knowledge base will be moving to the latest version of Confluence in the coming weeks.

We welcome feedback on the new website. Please contact becky(at)openpreservation(dot)org with your comments.

Visit the new website: www.openpreservation.org
Download the 2015-18 strategic plan: http://openpreservation.org/documents/public/OPF_VisionandStrategy_2015-18.pdf

About the Open Preservation Foundation
The OPF is an international membership organisation sustaining technology and knowledge for the long-term management of digital cultural heritage, providing its members with reliable solutions to the challenges of digital preservation.

Kind Regards,
Becky McGuinness | Community Manager

Open Preservation Foundation
[log in to unmask] | @openpreserve