BRITARCH November 2014

Re: expensive Lunar Mission One

John Wood <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 24 Nov 2014 15:18:39 +0000

Of course to contemplate digging a hole into the middle of the henge
monument might upset English Heritage as well as a lot of others.

However with a bit of lateral, pardon the expression, thinking one
could perhaps bypass, again pardon the expression, EH by tunnelling
into the middle of the site from the proposed road tunnel.

This would be a hit with Whovians as there was a storyline a few years
ago with a chamber under the rocks which too became an attraction
aliens but more importantly it would give an added popular reason to
dig the road tunnel.
Think of it a bit like the Olympic Games. Everyone tunes in for the
Opening and Closing Ceremonies but very few actually watch the
athletics.
So if you want to fund something that is unjustifiably expensive just
add something with glitz and razzamatazz then people will mindlessly
chuck money at you.

The funds raised could be used to help to support the cost of the road
tunnel, or even pay it outright, with oodles left over for some decent
research projects.